• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Had Brandy back at vets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Had to take him back this afternoon because he still has a fishy smell and hasn't been able to swollow alot of his food. He has been given anti inflamitry and antibiotics because they think it is most likely a infection. The needle started to bend because his skin is really thick and they couldn't get it in. He hasn't lost any weight in the past week so that is a good thing. He has to go back again tomorrow afternoon to see how he is. He is stil really lively so hopefully he will pick up soon.

Is there another vet you could try?,a vet who cannot inject properly is pretty useless.

It does sound rather like a throat/mouth infection.I use Neem toothpaste from gorgeous guineas for mouth infections,it is very good.Just put a pea size blob on a cotton bud and rub round the inside of the mouth.Do this 2 to 3 times a day.If you suspect the infection is fungal,Daktarin gell is very good,used in the same way.

Give plenty of water by syringe and rinse the mouth twice a day with preboilled,cooled water.Swish the water across the tongue from the side of the mouth,never sluice water from the front because it could go into the lungs.

I woke up 10 mins ago and he was choking then he started wheezing.So mum has taken him back to the vets and told me I should prob prepare for worst again :( Was only a month and a half ago since Sooty and it feels like history repeating itself again :'(

Oh, ((((( HUGS ))))) let us know how you get on the vet.

He has been taken in for more surgery because if he doesn't get it done he doesn't have long to live so have to take the risk. They got alot of food out his mouth that he hadn't swollowed but he was crying out because it was hurting. It is either a really deep down infection or the way one of his teeth is growing isn't right. To phone at 2:30 if they don't phone before then.

We'll all have finger and paws crossed for you :)
let us know how it goes.....hugs xx

OH ((((HUGS)))) to you and Brandy I really hope they can do some thing for him my fingers are crossed I will be thinking of you keep us updated ;)

(((((((((( more hugs ))))))))))
hope the op goes well, Fingers and paws crossed in our house for Brandy. :)

He died while under anesthetic :'( They gave him a really light one but he was too weak. The vet done everything he could to his mouth but he didn't make it. Atleast he passed away not in any pain. RIP Brandy xx :'(

Oh,I am so sorry he did not pull through.You did all you possibly could for him.

Did the vet say what the problem was?.

awww sooo sorry :'( ((((((((((((((MASSIVE HUGS))))))))))))))) RIP little one 0:) :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back