• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

gunk round his u know whats and crusty lips

• Thread starter Thread starter Rhona
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rhona

hi today i was cuddling my mums piggy while she cleaned the hutch and i noticed bailey had a gooey bum so i tipped him over and had a look and it was all white and rather smelly i gently pushed his willy out and he had a rather large crystalised penis plug. iv washed him and removed as much of the gunk as i could. does anyone have any idea's why he has this?

also on another note he has a lot of crusting round his lips which bleed when they fall off our vet thought it was a fungal infection and has given us various creams and washes but nothing has helped can anyone help?

Rhona said:
hi today i was cuddling my mums piggy while she cleaned the hutch and i noticed bailey had a gooey bum so i tipped him over and had a look and it was all white and rather smelly i gently pushed his willy out and he had a rather large crystalised penis plug. iv washed him and removed as much of the gunk as i could. does anyone have any idea's why he has this?

A male thing! ;) He's *ahem* relieved himself....

Rhona said:
also on another note he has a lot of crusting round his lips which bleed when they fall off our vet thought it was a fungal infection and has given us various creams and washes but nothing has helped can anyone help?

fungal infections never really go in my opinion. They get better :)

ooooer 2funny even though it was around the base of the penis? it was solid and granually

Yep, sorry I didn't know how to word it any other way! ;)

They will eat it - sorry - because it has lots of nutrients, apparently!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Kelly xx

pheww! iv been reading up all day and everything was pointing to excess calcium in his diet.

And they don't call it boar glue for nothing! You could use it instead of no more nails! ;D

Welcome to the forum :)

Bev x

you could try daktarin oral gel (over the counter), orange flavoured so they like it.... good blob smeared in the mouth, or us a 1ml syringe and give it that way. 3x a day for 1 week, 2x day week 2 and finally 1x day for the last week. :)

Beks said:

you could try daktarin oral gel (over the counter), orange flavoured so they like it.... good blob smeared in the mouth, or us a 1ml syringe and give it that way. 3x a day for 1 week, 2x day week 2 and finally 1x day for the last week. :)

a quick one before i go, genetian violets works wonders for mouth scabs

I couldn't get genetian violet but CCT advied Daktarin oral gel for the mouth and Cymex for the lip sores, worked wonders and saved Toffee after the vet had tried everything. Both these are human renedies that should be available from chemists.

are mouth sores quite common then?
also when i googled cymex it came up blistex relief cream are these similar products? and is it also suitable?

Cymex was the one recommended by CCT , Blistex wasn't around when I had problems with mouth sores and nearly lost my piggie because he couldn't eat . You can still get Cymex from places like Boots .Mouth sores can be caused by apple, some piggies mouths don't tolerate the acid in apples . Cutting apple into very small pieces can help.

Rhona said:
are mouth sores quite common then?
also when i googled cymex it came up blistex relief cream are these similar products? and is it also suitable?

cymex is called blistex now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back