• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinie pig head tilt

Freddythefox

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My guinie pig has some sort of head tilt and I don't know if it's something wrong he dosent eat anymore and my vets in my area are closed. Let me know what he has.

I try to use the syringe with water and his head is rotated to his body also hos eyes are wide open. I know I have to find a vet but am worried tomorrow might be too late

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230917_212349_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20230917_212349_Gallery.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 10
He definitely needs a vet urgently

Syringing water is not the right thing (water is not food and will not keep gut function or weight on). You need to syringe feed a fibre rich recovery feed or mushed pellets as part of emergency care.

I hope he is ok

He definitely needs a vet urgently

Syringing water is not the right thing (water is not food and will not keep gut function or weight on). You need to syringe feed a fibre rich recovery feed or mushed pellets as part of emergency care.

I hope he is ok
Thank you I actually made an appointment today hope he gets better but it's like at 6pm I hope he makes it. I don't know it might be an ear infection or breathing problem he's eating hay but with difficulties since his head is rotated. Again thank you

Thank you I actually made an appointment today hope he gets better but it's like at 6pm I hope he makes it. I don't know it might be an ear infection or breathing problem he's eating hay but with difficulties since his head is rotated. Again thank you

Please make sure you syringe feed a recovery feed or mushed pellets. He needs a minimum of 40-60ml in each 24 hour period, so that means feeding every two hours.
This is essential to replace the hay is struggling today for himself. It can literally be a life saving measure.
You also need to weigh him daily so you can adjust feeding accordingly. If he loses weight then he isn’t eating enough and is at risk of stasis.

I’m glad you’ve been able to get a vet appointment. Let us know how it goes

Back