Guineas wont eat nuggets

Winniethepiggy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello again,

Over the past few days, ive realised my guinea pigs wont eat their nuggets on a morning.
They used to last week and all of a sudden this week they just arent touching them?
Is it because I'm still scatter feeding my 5 week olds, old food that the lady told me to feed her for a little and both seem to like that better or have they just gone off it?

I feed them twitch nuggets

Thank you

Hay is the most important part of their daily food intake, with nuggets being the least important and not strictly necessary. Not eating nuggets is not, in itself, a problem provided they are still eating plenty of hay and are maintaining their weight.

Scatter feeding isn’t a problem at all - in fact it’s recommended as it can stop food hogging and is also an excellent form of enrichment. I never use food bowls for my animals.

In the past my ladies sometimes, out of the blue, stopped liking certain brands of nuggets. Personally I don’t feed my pigs nuggets at all anymore. They’re terribly sensitive to calcium, so they get tons of hay and a variety of veg and greens instead.

As long as your little ones are eating their hay c:

Back