Guineas at Paignton Zoo

• Thread starter Thread starter Jillybean
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jillybean

Guinea.jpg

This is a bit of an experiment. Not posted pictures on here before! (someone else kindly did it for me before!).

Hey it worked! The long thing is a ferny tree thing and they are sitting on top of it on the left.

Interesting....are there lots of piggies? The stoney ground looks rough but I like the look of the caves.

When we went there, there were a lot of piggies everywhere. And lots lined up on that hairy log, I've got a pic somewhere,will see if I can find it and put it on this thread too!

Hee hee! Yes they love the hairy log. Wonder if the petshops sell them - that'd look great in my kitchen! You saw more than we did, perhaps they were hiding. Not sure how big the caves are. It was a shame there was no staff there to ask about them (or grill them!).

I really love to see guineas in different environments. It's what particularly interests me.

Longleat have them also, they have 37 last year. The man said they neuter the males. I think a lot of them were from a rescue.

Before anyone asks! the bowls are for birds in there - the guineas don't have to climb a ladder!

;D Brilliant pictures and I really like the setup. They have obviously tried to make them look like they are in the wild, brilliant idea. They are treated well there aren't they. ? :smitten: O0

Why are the piggies all the same? I hope they aren't inbred *scratches head*
What food do the piggies have then? I have never seen a set up like that before, very interesting :D

Aww they are pretty but as lavenderjade said, why are they all the same colour?

they look like wild piggies :o :o

and that hairy log looks scary :o

I'm thinking that,maybe they went hunting for them in their own country and imported them?

Puggies Rule said:
I'm thinking that,maybe they went hunting for them in their own country and imported them?

I don't think they would get wild guineas and do that to them..?

Anyway, adorable piggies ;)

I wouldn't have thought they would be able to scramble up on to that log but actually, I stood and watched them and it was effortless for them, they were up and down all the time! I bet it's lovely and soft!

My boyfriend has promised to take me out tomorrow to cheer me up as I'm suffering with hayfever ad really grumpy... but now i know where to go! As I live in devon it makes sence to go there! my excuse anyway.

I did see afew babies in your photo though and they do all look the same so I'll play miss detective and see what their breeding policies are...
Pampered Piggies undercover reporter for the guinea pig forum ;D ;D ;D

That hairy log is quite scary, they do look lovely though sat on it in a line :)

we've got a similar set up at Amazon World on the Island (where toga the baby penguin was snatched from) they are wild guinea pigs and live in a rough type area with cave type hidey holes etc they look like our pigs but are bigger and rougher looking if you know what I mean, and I want a hairy tree for my babes its lovely,

We need some more photos of other places like this. Makes a change from hutches!

Pampered Piggies said:
My boyfriend has promised to take me out tomorrow to cheer me up as I'm suffering with hayfever ad really grumpy... but now i know where to go! As I live in devon it makes sence to go there! my excuse anyway.

I did see afew babies in your photo though and they do all look the same so I'll play miss detective and see what their breeding policies are...
Pampered Piggies undercover reporter for the guinea pig forum ;D ;D ;D
Did you go? If so, let us know what you thought of it.

wow that looks brill. hairy tree looks like fun. i reckon mine would just eat the hair though. shes always nibbling teddys, my hair, and all thing fluffy for some reason :D

WOW I'm going there on a school trip (iv been loads before.. i live half an hour away ::) ) i cant wait to see the guineas!

they used to go to bristol zoo but this year we ae going to paignton zoo and we are getting talked to about the poor endangered animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back