GuineaDad Cage Liners

Zorro1

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing a product called a "GuineaDad Liner" to put in my piggy's enclosure. It sounds like a great product, but I'm wondering how it should be washed. Some reviews that I've read on the internet say that because it's a high-end product, it has special washing requirements to keep it in tip top condition. What are these "special washing requirements"?

Hi, I’ve got 3 of these. I just brush all the bits of hay off and wash them with all the other fleeces at 40. I use half the amount of detergent than I would normally use for a wash, just so they don’t smell too strongly.
I’ve had mine for a year so far, my piggies love them and they’re still in good condition.

I've just seen a video on the link that @anyar.dris posted, and it recommended using Distilled White Vinegar to help keep the liner soft.

I think it’s washed cold and possibly air dried. However, as he lives outside it’s not advisable to use fleece bedding.

When it is cold, the fleece would hold onto the moisture which isn’t good for said piggy.

:agr: also.
Outdoor piggies need a disposable bedding and lots of hay. Fleece bedding is only really suitable for indoor piggies

Even if/once you move him into the shed/room you mentioned on your other thread, if it isn’t consistently 18-22 degrees in there, then it still isn’t a good idea to use fleece. He will need the warmth of the hay to snuggle into

As recommended in the other thread, I did measure the temperature in the shed and it stayed consistently, throughout the day at 21-23 degrees. I don't plan to put the lining in his pen when he's on the grass, because it restricts his actual access to the grass and, as @Siikibam mentioned, would keep moisture thus making it too cold.

Back