Guinea Troubles.. I Think..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isirith

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Heya!
I'm not entirely sure where to pop this..
I have had 3 sets of Guinea's before my current set. All of which lived happy lives until they were called to their next adventure!

Unfortunately.. My current group seem abit.. Awkward..
Or I've lost my touch.

I have 3 Guinea Pigs, Isirith, Batman, Cookie. (Ex partner dished out the names)

Isirth seems happy as far as I can tell. He likes cuddles, he likes to be picked up and fussed, he isn't bothered by people/pets walking past their home.

He does however seem to get the right strop on if I plop a little blue house in the cage.
He'll see it, sprint to it and just sit in it all day, literally. He won't even come out for food or water. So I have to take the house out and about 5 minutes later he'll go about the cage interacting with all his gizmo's and gadgets.

He has little red bumps behind 1 ear.. I'm not sure if it's much to worry about or not?

Batman started out as a really inquisitive piggy, he also enjoyed his cuddles. But as he's gotten older he can't stand being touched he's gone the moment I approach the cage..
I'm very patient with him, but sometimes I've gotta just scoop him up so I can get on with the cage cleaning.

I see him popcorning quite abit, but I'm curious as to why he liked fuss and all of a sudden he doesn't.

Cookie is adorable, but he is unbelievably skittish!
Even more so than Batman.
He won't let me touch him anywhere
If I ever need to get him out of the cage for whatever reason I have to pretty much snatch him up.
Otherwise he'll just run back and forth making this cute popping sound.

He tends to make a high pitched squeaking noise should I touch him anywhere but his head.

When it comes to happy fun time in their run they just find somewhere to lay and just stay there. All 3 of them.
I'm not too sure if that's anything to worry about either.

Ugh..
Sorry for the long and probably, wrongly placed thread.

First, could you please tell us how old your trio is and how long you have had it for?

They are a year old on the 27th of this month.
We got them all at the same time, from the same.. uhh.. enclosure.

And I'm kinda hoping their behaviour is just cause of a stroppy stage.

I wouldn't worry to much my two are lazy we have a double indoor cage one spends all her time upstairs in the hay hut and the other stays down stairs. I think as long as they get on well don't fight and are eating well then don't worry too much. Hopefully someone else might be able to help if they have experienced this there selves x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back