Guinea "toys"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lecie89

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So when I first got the pigs I was looking around for homemade toys to give them. Such as a toilet paper roll stuffed with hay or a paper towel roll cut down the middle for them to chew. One evening like a month and a half ago, I gave them a paper towel roll cut down the middle for them to chew if they wanted. When I woke up the next morning, I found my little loves bellies all big as if they had bloat but I knew it was from the pt roll. I was horrified and so guilt ridden, I was crying and so worried all day. When I was home I'd hold them on a comfy blanket so I could feed them some veggies so they would poop in front of me to make sure their poops were normal.
And even tho it was a while ago that this has happened, I still wonder if anyone has seen this pertaining to those homemade guinea pig toys. And if so, I also want the new piggie owners aware that this can happen. Are there any health risks if you give them the tp or pt rolls?

Hmmm, Haven't heard of this yet. With toilet paper tubes I only experienced young guinea pigs getting stuck. Apperently from what I heard it's safe to give them tp tubes, but now I'm not to sure : /

Hmmm, Haven't heard of this yet. With toilet paper tubes I only experienced young guinea pigs getting stuck. Apperently from what I heard it's safe to give them tp tubes, but now I'm not to sure : /

I know you would think it'd be safe when so many people suggest it. But the one time I gave them the paper towel roll they went crazy on it and got swollen bellies. It was really scary for me :/ I just don't want it to happen to anyone else.

Mine do like to chew and eat kitchen roll tubes but none of them have ever bloated from it. I'll keep an eye on them though from now on!

Mine have toilet roll tube and the cardboard tubes from Pets at home and they chew on both but ive not had them actually eat cardboard as if it was food. I know they chew it because I find the bits of cardboard everywhere!

Hopefully youre pigs are able to pass it normally :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back