Guinea pigs & cats

• Thread starter Thread starter hils78
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hils78

I am very lucky with my cat as she's very protective of the guinea pigs. The guinea pigs don't seem mind her at all. A couple of years ago the cat got into the run in the garden and was fast asleep with Margalo asleep next to her when I found them :o (did scare me into buying a new more secure run though!
So really the cat pig balance is good here. Last night Sylvie was on my knee & the cat jumped up onto the other end of the settee and Sylvie ran over to her - the whole length of a big 3 seater! she had her head up sniffing right into her fur which freaked my cat out a bit so the cat came to me & Sylvie followed her & started to try & climb on the cat. The other pigs are comfortable with the cat but would never follow her. Sylvie is the pig who would have had the least contact with a cat but her inquisitiveness is astounding. She is one tiny pig with the attitude of about 4! does anyone else have any guinea pig with a bigger than life outlook or any weird animal bonds?

Hello :)

My cat Worm was always very good with Max and didnt bother him.

Worm and Audrey, one of my house rabbits get on very well, as you can see from these piccies of Worm grooming Audrey :-* (That is Audrey's bed Worm has decided to sleep in!)

wormaudrey5.jpg

wormaudrey6.jpg

wormaudrey41.jpg

Mandyx

Oh my goodness what brilliant pics! My cat is a brindle tortoiseshell but with no white like yours. My friends mum drove down the street & stopped to talk to me (she didn't know where I lived before) and she's really into cats. She saw mine & she said that tortoiseshells are renowned for being extra soppy & friendly. Mines so soppy that she's allmost submissive bless!

Hi there, my cats don't really bother with the guinea pigs. They might give a little sniff, but thats all. Except Archie that is. Since we have had him (the little rascal) we have had to make sure that the tops are always in the runs. Sometimes when we are putting the guineas in the runs, it might take three trips. Only once all are in do the tops go on. Not any more. Archie seems to sense when they are about and loves them. They don't like him though. Archie also loves one of our bunnies, Bailey. In the photo Bailey couldn't wait for his food, so ate it out of the tin (its not really full of chocolates). I would point out that we are not responsible for Baileys lack of ears (apparently over cleaning by his Mom). Now the weather isn't so nice, Archie doesn't spend as much time with Bailey, but likes to cuddle up to our newest feline addition, Bruce. Hope you like the piccies.
ebay128.jpg

OoOoOoOoOoH! What beautiful pictures. I hope my pets get on when I get more :P

Hils- Yes Worm is very loving and affectionate too, so I wonder if there's something in that theory? When we first adopted her from the RSPCA (she was a stray) she was so clingy she used to follow me around crying and would refuse to eat her food unless you stayed in the room with her whilst she was eating. She's fine now but still like to follow me around :)

Clowny- they are lovely piccies! Bailey is really cute. Does the cat in the photo eat his food? Ive heard of them doing that. Audrey loves to eat Worm's Go-Kat, so I have to put it up on a table now :o ;D

I don't have a cat but I have a dog - a cavalier king charles spaniel.

The rabbit and the dog interact all the time and get on really well. The piggys are all friends through their cages with the dog but are not allowed to interact directly together. I trust my dog completley but if they ran he would chase - if you know what I mean. Also, my little Meeka (RIP) actually attacked my dog when he was a puppy so it is not always the piggy who is in danger :D

My dog is a complete wuss though ;D

Mandy - love the piccies of Worm and Audrey - so gorgeous!

Clowny - love the piccie of bun and cat sharing dinner!

Bailey does eat the cat biscuits when he gets chance. During the summer when the doors were open, I used to think the cats were eating only to find Bailey munching away. None of my other rabbits had ever done this. I have two now, Bailey and Donut. Donut loves to nick some toast if he gets chance. As Bailey is quite large, he can get up the stairs. I used to find him lying on our bed admiring himself in the mirrored wardrobes during the summer. He is such a soppy rabbit. My son loves them as he can fuss these two. Our original two (who were girls) didn't like fuss. They had each other. I only knew Porkpie was ill because she let me fuss her. When Teapot got myxo she too became fussy. They died within 9 days of each other. Not nice, but at least they knew they were loved and wanted. Teapot died in my arms very suddenly and Porkpie in my sons arms. He wouldn't let her go. He was only 7 at the time, but he knew her time was limited. Anyway, on a lighter note, Bailey and Donut love fuss, my son can put Donut on his back and sort of hypnotise him. Its very funny. Bailey is getting his winter coat now and whilst he looks a bit scruffy, the winter coat is sooooo smooth. He is the only rabbit I have ever known do this. Anyway, better get back to the vacuuming,

Awwwww lovely pics.

My piggies class both cats as big pigs! :)

Buttons though being highly scared of them and Tatty more laid back and will let them come up to him, although I wouldn't leave them alone.

Bubbles would let them curl up with her :)

well my cat dont like any of my 4 pigs he hates him he keeps wonting to hit them one and he has hit the older 2 bums a few times but when he dose he gets shounted at

but there not scared of the cat at all put it this way there dont run away from him anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back