Guinea pigs and holiday advice

TinTin16

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all, apologies if this isn't where to post, I'm a first time poster but saw similar discussions under this category.

I just need some advice really, so me and my partner are going away for the weekend soon and taking my 2 guineas with us isn't an option as we're staying at my grandparents who have dogs and have no safe space space for their cage and also they get very stressed going to the vets even if I try and give them their favourite treat/food to help them feel better so I don't feel a 5 hour trip will be good.

When we went last year, they stayed with my mum and sister which was fine and they see them regularly so they'll be fine. The thing I need advice on is since then my sister got 2 guineas of her own as she loved mine so much, will they be okay in the same room as each other (it would be 4 sows in total and mine are a few months older) or will they need to be in separate rooms?

Obviously they won't be put in together and have separate cages but if they are in the same room do they need to be on opposite sides or can they be next to each other with a gap in between cages? Or completely different rooms?
My mum is happy to change things around for them, just want them all to be comfortable.

Thank you in advance 😊

As it’s all girls your plan sounds absolutely fine, separate cages in the same room is all good. ☺️

Back