Guinea Pig Surveillance

JCJ

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I know from some previous threads that some forum members have web cams so they can keep tabs on their piggies while they are not at home. Does anyone have any recommendations of the best one to get? The only thread I could find about it was three years old and I thought perhaps technology and models may have changed since then.

Hi, well yes you are right, there are a few of us with camera's.
I bought the Arlo Netgearset, two camera's and a wireless router.

They are rechargeable batteries, operates in all weathers, magnetized, it records into the cloud and stores for 7 days, night vision, full sound recording and you can talk into the camera's, app for your phone, easy to set up, live feed.

Personally I really like these because they are good quality and it's not chinese made. @Tim is using the same system, and managed to buy more cheaply the same system.
Arlo by NETGEAR: Wireless & AC-Powered Security Cameras
IMG_0094.webp
Here's my rear mounted camera.
IMG_0093.webp
Hope that helps.

Oo where did you get rechatgable batteries for it? My son bought me a camera but I am having trouble finding some.

Hi, well yes you are right, there are a few of us with camera's.
I bought the Arlo Netgearset, two camera's and a wireless router.

They are rechargeable batteries, operates in all weathers, magnetized, it records into the cloud and stores for 7 days, night vision, full sound recording and you can talk into the camera's, app for your phone, easy to set up, live feed.

Personally I really like these because they are good quality and it's not chinese made. @Tim is using the same system, and managed to buy more cheaply the same system.
Arlo by NETGEAR: Wireless & AC-Powered Security Cameras
View attachment 68211
Here's my rear mounted camera.
View attachment 68212
Hope that helps.
Oooh I see you have a posh mount for yours, mines a shelf bracket from Aldi :lol!:
Great system, it's a bit pricey but well worth it. There are single camera kits available from arlo for around £200. Samsung does a similar one for less and looks quite tasty :nod:

Reactions: JCJ
I have a simple indoor camera for my piggies. I currently have 2 temporary piggy guests so the camera is on for them so I can check on them throughout the day.

It's like a Web cam but a little bit bigger. It's made by Motorola and was about £70 from Argos. I've seen other people on the forum post of having similar ones that were a far bit cheaper from Amazon.

I've just cleared out my phone so I don't have any photo's from it but there is a funny night vision on somewhere on the forum, I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks everyone. I shall look into your suggestions.

I went for dirt cheap from China. Mine is an indoor siricam from www.gearbest.com. It was only £15 and does the basics. It's HD has night vision, has a mobile app and is accessible via the Web so I can watch them at work! It's not the highest quality but brilliant value for money.

Reactions: Tim
Oooh I see you have a posh mount for yours, mines a shelf bracket from Aldi :lol!:
Great system, it's a bit pricey but well worth it. There are single camera kits available from arlo for around £200. Samsung does a similar one for less and looks quite tasty :nod:
Daughter gave me her cctv but how on earth do you get it through your phone? Not very techie!

Back