• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea pig stitches

Claudia69420

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi! So my female Guinea pig Avi just got spayed and it’s been about 7 days with everything going well. We check her incision 2x a day, and today we noticed more new blood, I put the flash to it and it looked like a surface wound that she got from taking off a scab. It worries me and I’d like to hear anyone’s insight on this

Hi! My vet's instructions say to gently disinfect it with a cotton bud and their usual disinfectant or diluted Betadine in a 1:10 ratio. If it stays dry, let it be. Best of luck ❤️

If you are at all worried then you can send a photo to your vets, they don’t mind. You often find a little fresh blood when a scab drops or is scratched off. If the skin looks pink not red and it is not angry looking then it should heal up fine

Back