Guinea pig still scared of me

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 154637
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 154637

So I have had my pig for about 4 months but whenever he comes out he still has his hair out and jumps when I try to pet. There are times he bundles or lets me pet while he eats and he runs up to me and gets on my lap when it’s time for food. But he still seems scared of me

Sometimes when I give him veggies he garbs it and runs away. Speaking of veggies I looked at the guide how should I increase varieties of what I feed each day? Like bell peppers with lettuce with lettuce one day could someone give me an example like that

Piggies generally speaking don’t like being touched or held.

If he coming to you for food, taking food from your hand or getting on your lap, then he isn’t scared of you. It’s just that for a lot of piggies that is as far as it goes.

Taking food and running away is normal. They went to keep it for themselves and when piggies live with another the dominant has the pick of the best food. So what you are seeing is normal behaviour.

Sometimes when I give him veggies he garbs it and runs away. Speaking of veggies I looked at the guide how should I increase varieties of what I feed each day? Like bell peppers with lettuce with lettuce one day could someone give me an example like that

Add any new veg slowly and one at a time. So for example, introduce bell pepper this week. So he gets his normal letter with a thin slice of bell pepper for a few days. Then increase the amount of bell pepper so the slice is a bit thicker (as per the picture). After a week of that, introduce a slice of cucumber. After another few days introduce cilantro etc. Your aim is that after a couple of weeks his daily veg will be lettuce, pepper, cucumber and cilantro all in one go.

Once or twice a week you can give something else as added variety. However, you need to make sure that those items don’t form part of the regular diet (lettuce, cucumber, pepper and cilantro are the daily diet) but are things added in moderation and rotation. Such as a piece of broccoli once a week on a Monday for example. Then on the Friday give a strip of spring greens. (Just examples - there are many veggies which they can be given)

Edible And Forbidden Veg And Fruit List With Vitamin C Grading

Back