Guinea Pig Sheds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely! Just bear in mind it has to be secure - well ventilated and also insulated. Are you thinking of making it free range or putting a hutch inside?

Well I'm moving to a new house in May and there wouldn't be enough space in my room, well some might say there is but there would be a bigger space in the shed. When I move I'm thinking of getting a shed especially for them that would be secure and have some insulation etc I would put a bit of grid like c&c cages at the door so when I open the door they won't run out haha. Also I would get a run outside the shed :) iv just always loves guinea pigs and around may I will be aloud! :D ps would I need a window that would open for more air circulation?
And what are the risks in getting a boar neutered?

Thanks a tone x

Last edited:
On the basis of boar neutering you need a piggy savvy vet who has experience in the procedure.

I'm due to clean out my shed on Sunday so I'll post pictures for you :)
A C&C is good so you can change it up a bit in size etc - Most sheds should have windows anyway but I'm sure there are some which are empty frames and you can put mesh over it to stop any cats getting through.

What kind of bedding are you thinking of?

I use hay (loads and loads and loads of hay) plus carefresh once I found out where they preferred to pee :P

Just found my idea of the perfect shed for the best price I can find, with windows and the best feature the stable doors, I could open the top part and have mesh over it and that should get somegood air circulation going. And it's a good size :) btw there isn't going to be any garden tools in the shed it's going to be completely dedicated to the guinea pigs like the link attached.
Bedding wise I was thinking care fresh and fleece.

Link to shed: http://www.tesco.com/direct/billyoh...e-door/328-6599.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=632-8208
And link to what I hope my shed to look like:

Thanks for the reply x

Oooh thats nice :D lovely shed choice :)

That's a good design too!
My shed conversion is like a free range pen (my boyfriend designed it, it's pretty cool!)

Where will you store all guinea stuff?

I will probably store the guinea pig stuff in my garage it's a new garage and it's never had a car in and never will it's gonna be a storage only garage so there won't be any fumes or anything.

I honestly can't wait until I move house and it will all start to take place il post pictures every step of the way : D xx

Hello. I too house my piggies in a shed where they live free range.

I have two small hutches at either end that I layer with newspaper and fill with hay. They then come and go as they please and roam around the floor.

I have covered my floor with Lino, I then cover this with lots of newspaper, scatter woodshavings over and then cover the whole lot with hay.

My shed has windows that do not open but let light in but it has a stable door so I can leave the top door open covered in mesh on nice days during the summer.

My hubby used the door from the old hutch and secured this to the bottom of the bottom door to stop the piggies from getting out when I open the door fully although they tend to know that's their home and don't attempt to come out unless I bring them out.

They also have lots of fleecy beds and tunnels etc that I scatter around the floor.

Haven't actually herd of vet bed before I think il use that instead looks really good! Xx

In the next house my sister is wanting a hamster and she's wanting it out of pets at home just cause it's easier she says D: iv seen the perfect one for her on a website needing a home still trying to convince her ):

I keep my piggies and buns in their own shed, it doesn't have windows, but I leave the door open for them during the day so they get plenty of light and fresh air. If it's a bit cold, I put their heater on, turn the light on and close the door to keep the shed warm. If they want to come out, I leave steps for them to get in and out of their hutch, I've put a cat flap in so they can come and go into the garden as they please during the day, our cat also sleeps on top of the guinea hutch during the night, so he comes and goes as he pleases. Best thing about the shed is during the winter, when it's howling a gale and pouring down, I can go in, lock the door behind me, turn the radio on and clean the hutches in the warm and light. ;)

IMAG0330_zps9288409f.jpg

Unlikely that two boars and sows will work, they will fight over t he sows even if they are neutered

That's what I'm doing when I can, just wondering cause this site said two boars and some sows and I didn't think that sounded to good xx

How many guinea pigs do you recon would be ideal for 202 by 121.6cm
Sorry for all the questions I'm quite new and don't know much haha xx

Hi sorry guys it's me again D: looks like it's gonna be quite expensive to insulate the shed what's the best ways you can recommend? Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back