• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea pig sages, please advise 🙏

velveteenery

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone! 👋 I'm Lydia from Longmont, Colorado.

Firstly, I would like to thank you all because although I just registered and this is my very first post, I have been looking at this forum on and off for tips on guinea pig care, creating DIY fleece liners, understanding piggie behavior, recommendations for brands, etc. There is truly a wealth of information on here for the niche of understanding and caring for guinea pigs.

I have had my girls Rosemary, Sassafras (Sassy) and Cinnamon for two months now. I adopted them from foster parents from a knowledgeable and supportive rescue, Cavies and Canines. These girls are about 1 year 8 mos old and have been together for most of their lives, so are a well bonded trio. I don't know much about their history besides that, except that Cinnamon is spayed, and the other two girls are not.

Rosemary started to look unwell yesterday evening (puffed up in corner, refusing veggies, not eating much), and so I fed critical care (I am SO grateful I had some on hand - if any newbies don't have it yet in their guinea pig stock, please buy some. You won't regret having it when you really need it. My Amazon order with it came just in time!). I got her into the urgent care vet this morning. The vet was quite familiar working with exotics and guinea pigs. The vet diagnosed GI stasis. Vet said Rosemary is stable and is hydrated, is eating some, pooping some, and peeing some (which matched me seeing droppings and urine in her smaller pen I put up last night and some of the hay disturbed). However, vet said her gut sounds were weak, and although most of her poops appear normal, some are tear drop shape. I was sent home with critical care and with metacam. We got the first critical care dose down about an hour after getting home, waited 30 mins after that as instructed, then fed the first metacam dose about 15 mins ago.

We considered an X ray or bloodwork to further diagnose the problem, but as I discussed with the vet we decided that for now the risks outweighed the benefits as she would have to be sedated for the blood draw or for the X ray, the latter because she is quite squirmy, and it might only stress her, slow her gut more, and might not tell us anything we didn't yet know. It was recommended to start with supportive care and to watch closely and go back for emergency services if she gets worse.

The vet is thinking it's unlikely that it's an obstruction but that with GI stasis it is hard to precisely understand what's going on.

As I discussed with the vet, we think the four most likely candidates are:

1) I fed some watermelon rind this week. (will no longer feed this to them).

2) I have been feeding herbal mixes from this sampler, sprinkling small amounts in their hay bin to encourage foraging. I do feel dumb for not thinking more about this but just to be completely honest, I sprinkled some from each of the herbal mixes on different nights to see which they liked best. I now am realizing that I should have really just stuck to one at a time and probably even more sparse portions than what I offered. I was hoping it would be good enrichment and got over-excited. I have stopped feeding any of these now.
Herbal Sampler - all five herbal blends to try!

3) We've had construction in our basement (the girls stay on the first floor, not in the basement) so there's been an assortment of noises and possibly some dust or things could have made their way upstairs? I haven't seen it being dusty or noticed strong construction smells wafting upstairs much, but I also know that their respiratory systems can be so sensitive. So I wonder if this was stressing her out between the sensory stimulation and such?

4) Sassafras and Cinnamon have been fighting quite a bit for the past four to five days, which I am also worried about. Sassy continues to attempt to hump Cinnamon, bully her away from food, etc. There is no biting or blood drawn. I moved a food and water source across the cage and tried to include plenty of hideys in order to reduce territorial behavior. Seemed to help some, but behavior has persisted.

Presently, Rosemary is in a little pop up pen with hay and water, and hideys and a piece of fleece over the top so it feels less exposed (Right next to cage, although it is on the ground while the cage is on a one grid high stand). I separated her last night because I wanted to make sure I could tell if she was peeing and pooping and that's tough to discern when there are three in the cage. When I brought her back from the vet, I did pop Cinnamon in there for a half hour because Rosemary was so stressed and I thought a friend could help. She did seem to calm down and start to eat more with Cinnamon in there.

I also out of desperation split the 2x6 C&C cage into two 2x3s with added grids to separate Sassy and Cinnamon, because I was worried their quarreling might be stressing Rosemary out. Sassy promptly chewed on the cage bars for about 15 minutes to try to get to Cinnamon, but the two have since quieted down.

So that was a veryyyyyyyy long winded post! I think I am just looking for additional perspective and feedback, some affirmation that I'm on the right track, and especially thoughts on if separating Cinnamon and Sassy is a good idea, and if separating Rosemary so I can track her urine and feces is best or if it's more important to have a friend in there with her? And also please send some compassion and care to me and my girls. :( And wish me luck on the critical care journey as it's my first go around with it.

Thanks everyone <3
Lydia

Also, here are some photos of my sweet girls 💜 Cinnamon is the cinnamon and blonde shorthair, Sassy is the tricolor Abyssinian, and Rosemary is the white and brown shorthair.

I know I am quite a newbie to all of this but these girls already have my heart! I am praying that Rosemary can pull through!

Attachments

• IMG_0402.webp
    IMG_0402.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0417.webp
    IMG_0417.webp
    53.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0413.webp
    IMG_0413.webp
    43.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0404.webp
    IMG_0404.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0403.webp
    IMG_0403.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0388.webp
    IMG_0388.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0418.webp
    IMG_0418.webp
    57.4 KB · Views: 2
Welcome to the forum, your lil ladies are beautiful. I am slave to The Beastie boys, Dignified Sir George and his boisterous companion Mischievous Master Boris.
I'm afraid I have no advice as I have no experience with sows but someone who does will be along soon.

Hi everyone! 👋 I'm Lydia from Longmont, Colorado.

Firstly, I would like to thank you all because although I just registered and this is my very first post, I have been looking at this forum on and off for tips on guinea pig care, creating DIY fleece liners, understanding piggie behavior, recommendations for brands, etc. There is truly a wealth of information on here for the niche of understanding and caring for guinea pigs.

I have had my girls Rosemary, Sassafras (Sassy) and Cinnamon for two months now. I adopted them from foster parents from a knowledgeable and supportive rescue, Cavies and Canines. These girls are about 1 year 8 mos old and have been together for most of their lives, so are a well bonded trio. I don't know much about their history besides that, except that Cinnamon is spayed, and the other two girls are not.

Rosemary started to look unwell yesterday evening (puffed up in corner, refusing veggies, not eating much), and so I fed critical care (I am SO grateful I had some on hand - if any newbies don't have it yet in their guinea pig stock, please buy some. You won't regret having it when you really need it. My Amazon order with it came just in time!). I got her into the urgent care vet this morning. The vet was quite familiar working with exotics and guinea pigs. The vet diagnosed GI stasis. Vet said Rosemary is stable and is hydrated, is eating some, pooping some, and peeing some (which matched me seeing droppings and urine in her smaller pen I put up last night and some of the hay disturbed). However, vet said her gut sounds were weak, and although most of her poops appear normal, some are tear drop shape. I was sent home with critical care and with metacam. We got the first critical care dose down about an hour after getting home, waited 30 mins after that as instructed, then fed the first metacam dose about 15 mins ago.

We considered an X ray or bloodwork to further diagnose the problem, but as I discussed with the vet we decided that for now the risks outweighed the benefits as she would have to be sedated for the blood draw or for the X ray, the latter because she is quite squirmy, and it might only stress her, slow her gut more, and might not tell us anything we didn't yet know. It was recommended to start with supportive care and to watch closely and go back for emergency services if she gets worse.

The vet is thinking it's unlikely that it's an obstruction but that with GI stasis it is hard to precisely understand what's going on.

As I discussed with the vet, we think the four most likely candidates are:

1) I fed some watermelon rind this week. (will no longer feed this to them).

2) I have been feeding herbal mixes from this sampler, sprinkling small amounts in their hay bin to encourage foraging. I do feel dumb for not thinking more about this but just to be completely honest, I sprinkled some from each of the herbal mixes on different nights to see which they liked best. I now am realizing that I should have really just stuck to one at a time and probably even more sparse portions than what I offered. I was hoping it would be good enrichment and got over-excited. I have stopped feeding any of these now.
Herbal Sampler - all five herbal blends to try!

3) We've had construction in our basement (the girls stay on the first floor, not in the basement) so there's been an assortment of noises and possibly some dust or things could have made their way upstairs? I haven't seen it being dusty or noticed strong construction smells wafting upstairs much, but I also know that their respiratory systems can be so sensitive. So I wonder if this was stressing her out between the sensory stimulation and such?

4) Sassafras and Cinnamon have been fighting quite a bit for the past four to five days, which I am also worried about. Sassy continues to attempt to hump Cinnamon, bully her away from food, etc. There is no biting or blood drawn. I moved a food and water source across the cage and tried to include plenty of hideys in order to reduce territorial behavior. Seemed to help some, but behavior has persisted.

Presently, Rosemary is in a little pop up pen with hay and water, and hideys and a piece of fleece over the top so it feels less exposed (Right next to cage, although it is on the ground while the cage is on a one grid high stand). I separated her last night because I wanted to make sure I could tell if she was peeing and pooping and that's tough to discern when there are three in the cage. When I brought her back from the vet, I did pop Cinnamon in there for a half hour because Rosemary was so stressed and I thought a friend could help. She did seem to calm down and start to eat more with Cinnamon in there.

I also out of desperation split the 2x6 C&C cage into two 2x3s with added grids to separate Sassy and Cinnamon, because I was worried their quarreling might be stressing Rosemary out. Sassy promptly chewed on the cage bars for about 15 minutes to try to get to Cinnamon, but the two have since quieted down.

So that was a veryyyyyyyy long winded post! I think I am just looking for additional perspective and feedback, some affirmation that I'm on the right track, and especially thoughts on if separating Cinnamon and Sassy is a good idea, and if separating Rosemary so I can track her urine and feces is best or if it's more important to have a friend in there with her? And also please send some compassion and care to me and my girls. :( And wish me luck on the critical care journey as it's my first go around with it.

Thanks everyone <3
Lydia

Hi and welcome

Full GI stasis is when the whole gut suddenly stops moving. It always happens out of the blue so there is nothing you have done wrong; it's just one of these seemingly random things you can never brace for. All you can do is to just deal with them as best as you can whenever they happen. You are doing that.

Try to get as much feed and enough water into your piggy until the gut starts up again and until she and her weight do stabilise again. Often that happens fairly quickly, especially the bounce back.
Sometimes, if there are underlying issues, it can take several days for the gut to get going again and recovery can be slow.
But the good news is that this kind of total GI stasis seems to be a one-off life event.

You can find our GI stasis advice plus a link to the thread I made when my Pili Pala (Welsh for Butterfly) had the second version of it in this link here: Digestive Disorders: Not Eating - Diarrhea - Bloat - GI Stasis (No Gut Movement)

Here is our feeding support advice which I have tried to make as comprehensive and practical for all the little questions that come up along the way: All About Syringe Feeding and Medicating Guinea Pigs with Videos and Pictures

All the best. I hope that the gut gets moving again soon.

Getting Pili through it was tough and it could have gone either way but she made it through and lived for just short of another year - but she developed a thickened gut and then hyper-thyroid and required top up feeding and medicating care during the whole time. Nevertheless, it was a special extra bonus year and she lived to nearly 6 years of age, which is an achievement in itself since she did come out of a proper hell-hole as badly affected baby.

Has your vet given you any gut meds like metoclopramide, which stimulates the gut muscles?

Thank you so much! I will read through those resources! And thank you for sharing about your experience and what I could anticipate the recovery process to look like.

Has your vet given you any gut meds like metoclopramide, which stimulates the gut muscles?

The vet just gave me EmerAid IC Herbivore as well as the pre-portioned metacam. Reading the ingredients on the EmerAid, I don't believe I see probiotics included in it.

Thanks,
Lydia

Thank you so much! I will read through those resources! And thank you for sharing about your experience and what I could anticipate the recovery process to look like.

The vet just gave me EmerAid IC Herbivore as well as the pre-portioned metacam. Reading the ingredients on the EmerAid, I don't believe I see probiotics included in it.

Thanks,
Lydia

It doesn’t sound like the vet had given you any gut medication. You’ve been given pain medication and food.
metoclopramide is not a probiotic put in recovery feed, it is a gut medication that your vet needs to prescribe.
A probiotic is not a medication, it is something you can buy yourself such as benebac

Ohh, I'm understanding it better now. Probiotics and gut medications are different. Thank you for breaking it down more for me. I will ask about a gut medication when I go back in with her!

Rosemary appears to be more alert and is moving around her cage and no longer "puffed up" this evening. She's taking the syringe feedings well and is eating hay and ate the veggies I gave her. I did weigh her this evening and she weighed about the same as at the vet.

I am so grateful! Thank you for the help everyone 💜 I will let you know how she does.

Ohh, I'm understanding it better now. Probiotics and gut medications are different. Thank you for breaking it down more for me. I will ask about a gut medication when I go back in with her!

Rosemary appears to be more alert and is moving around her cage and no longer "puffed up" this evening. She's taking the syringe feedings well and is eating hay and ate the veggies I gave her. I did weigh her this evening and she weighed about the same as at the vet.

I am so grateful! Thank you for the help everyone 💜 I will let you know how she does.

Hi

If she is eating again, then that means that the gut is moving again.

Please brace that you will initially see some normal pre-stasis poos that were still on the internal conveyor belt but that there is then a gap, reflecting the stasis event, followed by very small and funny poos which happen when the engine is starting up but there is not a lot of feed. The poos will improve as your feeding support is increasingly reflected. With a major stasis/bloating event the gut can be slower than normal initially so what you see coming out may be more than the usual day behind the food intake.

These guide links explain how the gut works and what poos can tell and what not; they also explain about gut meds. You should find them very informative to help you understand better and avoid some concerns or panics.
Wiebke's Guide to Poops
Wiebke's Guide to Tummy Trouble
Weight Loss Explained: BMI, Weighing, Poos and Feeding Support

If you have a healthy companion, then you can use their poos for a tailor-made live gut microbiome transfer. If done correctly, it is more effective than any probiotic even though its common name 'poo soup' is not quite as alluring.
You can find the poo soup 'recipe' tips in this guide here: Probiotics & Live Gut Microbiome Transfer ('Poo Soup'); Recovery Formula Foods And Vitamin C: Overview With Product Links and Transfer Recipe

Thankfully you seem to be dealing with a fairly quick bounce back, so there are likely no major other underlying health issues.

We do have a very helpful practical information collection that contains a lot of the tips, advice and in-depth information that we cannot explain in full detail in every thread, seeing that we are all doing this for free in our free time. You may want to bookmark the link: Getting Started - Essential Information for New Owners

All the best!

I am new here and can't offer any advice but I just wanted to wish your piggy Rosemary well and it just goes to show that the guinea pig first aid box is vital (I put mine together with some really good guidance and hope I never have to use it but was adamant it was going to be there just in case) and well done for getting piggy to the vet which is also vital. It's very scary and actually filled me a bit with anxiety just thinking about it, but the support on here is amazing and it sounds like you caught it in good time and you are moving in the right direction. I shall watch for an update.

I am new here and can't offer any advice but I just wanted to wish your piggy Rosemary well and it just goes to show that the guinea pig first aid box is vital (I put mine together with some really good guidance and hope I never have to use it but was adamant it was going to be there just in case) and well done for getting piggy to the vet which is also vital. It's very scary and actually filled me a bit with anxiety just thinking about it, but the support on here is amazing and it sounds like you caught it in good time and you are moving in the right direction. I shall watch for an update.

Hi

I have just updated our first aid guide and emergency guides, as well as added a feeding improvisation guide and a weight loss guide that explains the variously recommended support measures and the most common misconceptions around weight and poo monitoring.

You may find them helpful and interesting:
Emergency and Crisis Care as well as Bridging Care until a Vet Appointment

First Aid: Immediate Care Measures and Non-medication Products

How to Improvise Feeding Support in an Emergency

I have also uploaded the first articles of a series I am currently writing for Guinea Pig Magazine that give you a practical overview over different body parts and any connected common illnesses.
Wiebke's Guide to Pees and Stones
Wiebke's Guide to Poops

All these links help you understand better what is normal and not, how things work as well as what is really an emergency and what to do in an emergency. My Wiebke's Guides also list the most commonly prescribed medications for that system and what they do.

Hi

I have just updated our first aid guide and emergency guides, as well as added a feeding improvisation guide and a weight loss guide that explains the variously recommended support measures and the most common misconceptions around weight and poo monitoring.

You may find them helpful and interesting:
Emergency and Crisis Care as well as Bridging Care until a Vet Appointment

First Aid: Immediate Care Measures and Non-medication Products

How to Improvise Feeding Support in an Emergency

I have also uploaded the first articles of a series I am currently writing for Guinea Pig Magazine that give you a practical overview over different body parts and any connected common illnesses.
Wiebke's Guide to Pees and Stones
Wiebke's Guide to Poops

All these links help you understand better what is normal and not, how things work as well as what is really an emergency and what to do in an emergency. My Wiebke's Guides also list the most commonly prescribed medications for that system and what they do.
Thank you so much this is so great. I have a file that I have been printing off at home with all the things in I have collected. I have GP Magazine and love your articles, I love the whole magazine and have back orders that I am going through. As you will see I am a first time guinea pig slave so any information is being absorbed and made good use and I SO appreciate it.

Thank you, Wiebke! I looked through the articles and feel more prepared with helping her and understanding the recovery process! Really helpful to have the links to the guides.

Thank you KK327! <3

Thank you, Wiebke! I looked through the articles and feel more prepared with helping her and understanding the recovery process! Really helpful to have the links to the guides.

Thank you KK327! <3

I am glad that the guides are doing what they are supposed to, to talk you through the process, put things into a bit more of a perspective (it is easy to lose it and to become confused with online research because what the internet cannot do is tell you how good and correct any - often conflicting - information is) and to help you over the inevitable practical stumbling blocks so you are not feeling left foundering all on your own, whatever the time of day. I have aimed to make the guides as clear and as precise, especially in the sticky areas that are often glossed over in other places.

We are here for practical and moral support and for any questions that come up but since we are UK based and doing this all for free in our own free time, there are periods when none of us are around. We can also not type out all the standard detailed practical advice each time; it is very tedious and time consuming for us and slows us down on busy days. For that purpose we have created the guides.

The guides format allows us to update and add to our extensive information resource on a wide range of subjects which reflects over 15 years of collective forum experience reflecting quite literally well over hundred thousand questions on this forum. The guides are stickied (but not order) at the top of our various sections but can be a bit cumbersome to look through. We have had to work within the restraints of the existing forum format.

These links are for bookmarking where the guide links are listed in thematical order:
We have got a New Owners Collection for the more common issues that come up: Getting Started - Essential Information for New Owners

This is the full information resource access: Comprehensive Owners' Practical and Supportive Information Collection

You can also access it via the shortcut on the extended top bar.

This link here explains how our forum works: Our Forum Staff and Forum Quirks Explained

Lovely to meet you DavRz and Merab! 💜 Thank you Merab! 🥹 I love them so much.

Weibke, I went through the guides and have a follow-up question if you're available to answer at some point today. Rosemary's weight was 1035g yesterday morning first thing, but 1005g this morning first thing.

I panicked and called the vet, but after reading your weight guide, I am wondering if I should give it another day and increase frequency of feedings before I take her in, as it is a 30g difference. I know going to the vet was quite stressful for her. She is willingly taking food including munching on hay and drinking water, and seems to be a bit subdued but still otherwise interacts normally with her cage mates. I decided to put her back in yesterday afternoon with Cinnamon and Sassafras who have settled down somewhat, because I felt the company and morale support was important. This means that I can't track her poos and urine (although I can check to make sure there aren't any concerning poos in the cage such as diarrhea, etc).

I am thinking today I can try to make some poo soup for her. I am also considering putting her back in a separate pen so I can track feces and urine better, but I am hesitant to do this as I think the companionship outweighs the closer monitoring.

If it was your piggies, what would you do?

Thanks so much 🙏
Lydia

Lovely to meet you DavRz and Merab! 💜 Thank you Merab! 🥹 I love them so much.

Weibke, I went through the guides and have a follow-up question if you're available to answer at some point today. Rosemary's weight was 1035g yesterday morning first thing, but 1005g this morning first thing.

I panicked and called the vet, but after reading your weight guide, I am wondering if I should give it another day and increase frequency of feedings before I take her in, as it is a 30g difference. I know going to the vet was quite stressful for her. She is willingly taking food including munching on hay and drinking water, and seems to be a bit subdued but still otherwise interacts normally with her cage mates. I decided to put her back in yesterday afternoon with Cinnamon and Sassafras who have settled down somewhat, because I felt the company and morale support was important. This means that I can't track her poos and urine (although I can check to make sure there aren't any concerning poos in the cage such as diarrhea, etc).

I am thinking today I can try to make some poo soup for her. I am also considering putting her back in a separate pen so I can track feces and urine better, but I am hesitant to do this as I think the companionship outweighs the closer monitoring.

If it was your piggies, what would you do?

Thanks so much 🙏
Lydia

Please give her an extra feed and see whether that does the trick. The scales act as your control - if the weight is down, then you need to put more feed into your piggy. Please keep her with her friends. A separation is an extra major stress factor. If she is eating a little by herself, try some mushed pellets in a bowl at the start of a feeding session.

All the best. The problem with crisis and recovery care is that is not straight forward. It is a constant up and down. But the guides have hopefully helped to allay some of your concerns and helped to put your own fight into perspective so the little ups and downs are not quite as stressful on you. The general weight is still good.

Okay, that sounds good! Thank you so much. That was my gut feeling but I wanted to make sure I was on the right track. I will take a deep breath and get settled for the rest of the day.

Okay, that sounds good! Thank you so much. That was my gut feeling but I wanted to make sure I was on the right track. I will take a deep breath and get settled for the rest of the day.

All the best! You will get there. :tu:

Good morning everyone! Update on Rosemary:

She weighed in at 975g this morning, so I took her to the vet (and also just for a follow-up). Vet reports her gut noises sounded stronger than last time which is a good sign. In most areas, she appears to be improving (continuing to pass feces and urine, good activity level, eating hay and veg on her own, interacting with Cinnamon and Sassafras), except for the weight. The vet did take an xray which found no obstruction. However, the vet noted that she had arthritis in her hip area so is saying it's likely that she is older than we thought.

He did prescribe metoclopramide as well as simethicone although I am a little hesitant to try the latter as I'm seeing mixed reports online.

I think I am going to start with the metoclopramide, continue to feed the emeraid, and give the metacam. If her weight goes up tomorrow, I may just stick with that.

Oh, and I did give poo soup to her yesterday. She didn't take much of it, but she took some. It was about as gross as I thought it was going to be 😳 Lol.

💜

Good morning everyone! Update on Rosemary:

She weighed in at 975g this morning, so I took her to the vet (and also just for a follow-up). Vet reports her gut noises sounded stronger than last time which is a good sign. In most areas, she appears to be improving (continuing to pass feces and urine, good activity level, eating hay and veg on her own, interacting with Cinnamon and Sassafras), except for the weight. The vet did take an xray which found no obstruction. However, the vet noted that she had arthritis in her hip area so is saying it's likely that she is older than we thought.

He did prescribe metoclopramide as well as simethicone although I am a little hesitant to try the latter as I'm seeing mixed reports online.

I think I am going to start with the metoclopramide, continue to feed the emeraid, and give the metacam. If her weight goes up tomorrow, I may just stick with that.

Oh, and I did give poo soup to her yesterday. She didn't take much of it, but she took some. It was about as gross as I thought it was going to be 😳 Lol.

💜

Give poo soup twice daily if possible - whatever goes in - and continue with the feeding.

My personal experiences with simethicone have not found it helpful.

For arthritis you will need to continue on the metacam but additionally we recommend a glucosamine supplement to help recoat the bones and reduce the discomfort.

Thank you, Wibeke! 🙏 I will add poo soup to the regimen. I will also make sure to ask about the glucosamine supplement the next time I go in.

I think I am also going to take Cinnamon and Sassafras in for another well check and an x ray soon to see if they are also older than I'd been told and have arthritis. I don't want any of them to be in pain.

Thank you, Wibeke! 🙏 I will add poo soup to the regimen. I will also make sure to ask about the glucosamine supplement the next time I go in.

I think I am also going to take Cinnamon and Sassafras in for another well check and an x ray soon to see if they are also older than I'd been told and have arthritis. I don't want any of them to be in pain.

Glucosamine is classed as a food supplement and not as a medication. Vets will not prescribe it so you have to buy it yourself. You can either consider oxbow (look on their website) or - for more advanced cases - a liquid preparation for dogs from a pet store (which what we find currently the most effective in the UK). The liquid is easiest to get into a piggy. The glucosamine is going to build up over several weeks but it can help with regaining better mobility.

Hi, everyone! 💜 I just wanted to let you all know that Rosemary is doing much better and appears to be making a full recovery! Thank God. She went in to see the vet on Tuesday for a follow-up and the vet said she was doing well. We went home with a bottle of metacam and syringes for managing the arthritis.

She's gaining her weight back and almost back to her usual baseline weight. I have phased out the critical care.

Those are the main things. Just wanted to keep you in the loop. Take care y'all.

Lydia

Back