Guinea pig rocking?

bambiandzinnia

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I'm probably overthinking but one of my guinea pig seems to be rocking a bit recently, only slightly but it could just be her breathing, its nothing severe its barely noticeable it was only where i was staring at her for a while whilst she was just standing still, ill definitely feel a little silly if its just her breathing but at the same time relieved, i guess I'm just curious if guinea pigs make small rocking forward and backward with their head when breathing or not?

Is she asleep when she rocks? My RB Piggy Pretty Patsy used to rock in her sleep. I adopted her at the grand old age of 6 and she lived the rest of her life in her final Forever Home (poor girl had at least 2 homes prior to living in Betsy Towers) and the rocking took me by surprise first of all.

Can we have some piggy spam please?

Here is Pretty Patsy

Patsy Bum Bath 2.webp

I'm probably overthinking but one of my guinea pig seems to be rocking a bit recently, only slightly but it could just be her breathing, its nothing severe its barely noticeable it was only where i was staring at her for a while whilst she was just standing still, ill definitely feel a little silly if its just her breathing but at the same time relieved, i guess I'm just curious if guinea pigs make small rocking forward and backward with their head when breathing or not?

Hi and welcome

If you have any concerns, then please have her vet checked, especially the heart. Regular rocking can sometimes be an indication of a developing heart problem/build up of fluid in the chest of a frailer piggy but a mild one-off is generally nothing to worry about.

Back