Guinea Pig Nibbling Hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

emily gibbons

New Born Pup
Reaction score
hi,
So, I got my guinea pig last week and when I hold it and let him smell my hand he nibbles it. What does that mean? I heard it's a sign of stress but can also mean they like you. How can I tell which one it is?
Thanks

hi,
So, I got my guinea pig last week and when I hold it and let him smell my hand he nibbles it. What does that mean? I heard it's a sign of stress but can also mean they like you. How can I tell which one it is?
Thanks

Hi!

Your guinea is likely exploring. That is what young piggies do. " Biting" And What You Can Do

Please get your guinea pig a same sex companion if it hasn't got one already. Guinea pigs are social animals and not wired to be on their own. You are missing out on the lively interaction that makes guinea pigs so unique and enduring.
Companionship

You can find lots more information for new owners on how to settle and interact with your guinea pigs via this link here. You will hopefully find it very helpful in understanding your piggy and making yourself understood: New Owners' " How To" Starter Kit

Sounds like exploring to me too. it is how they check what is around them, gentle nibbles.

Welcome to the forum by the way :) What is your piggies name?

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back