• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea pig meowing?

Luvx

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My Guinea pig is eating hay right now and hes making weird meowing type noise then wiping his nose, maybe a groan type noise? but it really sounds like a somewhat low meow

edit: he has lavender bedding I got yesterday and this just started
hes also eating and drinking

A sound is a very difficult thing for us to interpret.
Its possible a scented bedding is causing the problem - any scents should be avoided around guinea pigs - but please do see a vet if you are concerned and if he is having any breathing issues

A sound is a very difficult thing for us to interpret.
Its possible a scented bedding is causing the problem - any scents should be avoided around guinea pigs - but please do see a vet if you are concerned and if he is having any breathing issues
its definitely the bedding, I will tell my mother about this thank you, he doesnt do this when hes not around the bedding

Back