guinea pig lost outside

erinor

New Born Pup
Reaction score
i recently left to university, and trusted my dad to take care of my guinea pig. one passed just a month ago, leaving me with just one. yesterday, i came back to visit and my dad told me he put my guinea pig (alfie) outside. i trusted him because we've been owning guinea pigs for 7 years now, and i was exhausted, so i went to sleep and slept through the night. turns out, he never brought him inside. this morning, he remembered, and went to check on him and he was gone. I'm devastated. its rained, and we live in an area with coyotes, and also right in front of a large patch of field and a pond. i genuinely dont know what to do. ive looked all around, calling his name, leaving food out, but i havent seen him. i reviewed security camera footage, and havent seen any predators, so i dont think anything got to him in the yard. it was dark at night though, so something very possibly could have taken him in the middle of the night. i have no idea what to do. is there any hope? i have to go back to university tomorrow

Fingers crossed you find him. You could try playing guinea sounds in the car carrier this will sometimes encourage them.

Yes the carrier with a phone playing guinea pig sounds good inside is a good idea 💙

Hi and welcome

I am so very sorry.

Here are some tips for escaped guinea pigs:

Fingers very firmly crossed. Try to use things that carry their scent and smell of 'home'.

Back