Guinea Pig Laying Down Position!

heyitschels

New Born Pup
Reaction score
hey! I just want to make sure and ask if this is a normal position or what. Just want to make sure…. he may just feel comfortable in that position, but this is the first time I’ve seen him like this. Thank you in advance! 😂🤍🫶🏻

Attachments

• IMG_8201.webp
    IMG_8201.webp
    55 KB · Views: 9
I agree with you. It does look a little odd. Is he behaving normally? Is he ok in himself? How’s his weight?

This could just be a comfy position for him.

I agree with you. It does look a little odd. Is he behaving normally? Is he ok in himself? How’s his weight?

This could just be a comfy position for him.
I think he is acting normally. The thing is that his brother doesn’t seem to be doing well so I feel like it has been affecting him as well. I did just get him a month ago so it’s hard to tell. I’ve just never seen him like that! He weighs 460g!

I think he is acting normally. The thing is that his brother doesn’t seem to be doing well so I feel like it has been affecting him as well. I did just get him a month ago so it’s hard to tell. I’ve just never seen him like that! He weighs 460g!

If you are concerned then ensure you increase the routine weight checks.

Is his brother unwell?

If you are concerned then ensure you increase the routine weight checks.

Is his brother unwell?
ok will do! Definitely will weigh him often now! But I’m not too sure about his brother/ cage mate. He just seems off to me. He sits in the corner all day not too eating much, yet drinking lots of water. Also isn’t active considering he is still young. I got his mate two weeks ago, but yet he is still always sitting in the corner/hides almost all day. But because his mate sits in the corner all day, he also sits next to him a lot too.

ok will do! Definitely will weigh him often now! But I’m not too sure about his brother/ cage mate. He just seems off to me. He sits in the corner all day not too eating much, yet drinking lots of water. Also isn’t active considering he is still young. I got his mate two weeks ago, but yet he is still always sitting in the corner/hides almost all day. But because his mate sits in the corner all day, he also sits next to him a lot too.

Please have him seen by a vet, weigh him daily and step in with syringe feeding if he isn’t eating.
He may be unwell and could need help.

All About Syringe Feeding and Medicating Guinea Pigs with Videos and Pictures

Back