• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea Pig Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Jack

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I saw a reply on here today where someone wrote they couldn't find insurance for guineas. (Sorry can't remember who it was!)Mine are insured via Exotic Direct £82 a year. It's well worth it!

I looked them up and got a quote for 6 guines (have 7 now) and it was nearly £800 for the year! :(
So I left it :o

lavenderjade said:
I looked them up and got a quote for 6 guines (have 7 now) and it was nearly £800 for the year! :(

£800 for a year? :o That's really expensive..I know vet bills can be high but it's unlikely you'd spend that much on them in a year.

edit: just got a quote and it's very strange how they do it..they only go on how many small mammals you want to insure? Don't they ask any questions? Or am I doing it wrong...

Jane said:
lavenderjade said:

£800 for a year? :o That's really expensive..I know vet bills can be high but it's unlikely you'd spend that much on them in a year.

edit: just got a quote and it's very strange how they do it..they only go on how many small mammals you want to insure? Don't they ask any questions? Or am I doing it wrong...

Your not doing anything wrong Jane i have just been on and done the same as you. :)

lindsay7 said:
Jane said:
lavenderjade said:

Your not doing anything wrong Jane i have just been on and done the same as you. :)

Ahh right ;) Just thought it was strange because for cat insurance and stuff you get asked questions..anywho..
If I was to insure the hamsters and guinea pigs it would be £478.20 for me too.

karenrgpr said:
How many guineas is that for?
That's per guinea - works out a lot if you've got lots of piggies but then I once had a Vet bill for nearly £500 for one piggy and then she went to the Bridge 0:)

Its a lot of money I have not spent over £80 in vet bills on mine in a the last 18months. I have money put to one side in case of emergencys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back