guinea pig heaven?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
at the other halfs bidding and not prompted by me (maybe 8 guinea pigs and a lot of cooing by all involved!)
He has agreed to take down a tatty green plastic shed and replace with a Guinea pig shed! ;D :D ;D
a couple of things needed to get through
1 - size of shed currently about 6ft by 10ft good size?
2 - hutches or runs its on concrete at mo no bottom what would be best floor covering for the shed thinking laminate of some sort
3 - I was thinking plastic floors for hutches/runs to ease cleaning and less smell from wood good idea?
4 - would big windows and stable doors with netting/caging be good idea?
5 - any thing esle i need to think about
all ideas and suggestons appreciated :D
Ron x

OoOoOoh alot of work is gonna be involved ;D My shed is 10ft by 6ft and its not long been up ::)
I had laminate in my old shed and would defintaly recommend it as I'm gonna use it again once i have time to ask my step dad to put it down as hes always busy ! :D
Pastic floors - Not too sure by what you mean but it would help it be easier i think and smell a lot nicer. O0
The big windows are great as it can provide a lot of light for piggys and thats what my old shed didnt have and it wasnt very nice for the piggys ! :(

Are you having single or double doors ? Built in hutches / cages ? Storage space ? Have you thought about these ? :D

My shed is 10ft 6ft I have lino on the floor and have just put a thremal foil on the walls of the shed for extra insulation. I have a thermostat heater for the winter so it switches on and off to keep the temperture at a constant 16c . I am making a smaller run so they can have run around last winter mine were inside the house and had floor time in the hall. Our shed has four windows along the side and another to the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back