• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea pig head tilt, hooting

wheeks_squeeks

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My guinea pig, Cookie, has a head tilt and a ,, hooting" sound when he sniffs. We brang him to the vet a few times and they said it might either be an ear infection or a neurological problem (e-cuniculi). The vet prescribed a 2 week course of antibiotics for the ear infection but it didn't seem to work, though I think it did heal him from discharge from the nose.

They gave us a longer course of antibiotics for a month and also told us to start giving him panacur, if it is a parasite (neuro) problem. I didn't finish the antibiotic course, were still giving him it, but he still isn't getting better. The vet knows it's not something like pneumonia. Did anyone elses guinea pig have a problem like this, a head tilt or a ,, hooting" sound when sniffing?

Also, he did have cold like symptoms but the antibiotics stopped some of them, but he still sneezes after the ,,hoots'x

Back