• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea pig has eaten part of a grocery bag?

Adelyn

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So, I had let Stella and Clover out for floor time. I was opening the cage when they where done so they could go back in, and when I looked back at them, Stella had a piece of grocery bag in her mouth. I had cleaned the room before floor time, but the little piece blended in. Stella ate it before I could grab it from her. Is she going to be okay? The piece was no more than an inch long, and was very thin. Stella is eating and pooping fine.

Here is a photo of a similar piece of grocery bag:
dsc00175-jpg.206040

Attachments

• DSC00175.webp
    DSC00175.webp
    7.9 KB · Views: 45
Just keep an eye on her for 48 hours, but I am sure she will be fine.
Piggies do have a habit of eating things that they shouldn't.

After an incident like this I would always offer some wet lettuce and other fresh veg to make sure her system keeps moving.

Just keep an eye on her for 48 hours, but I am sure she will be fine.
Piggies do have a habit of eating things that they shouldn't.

After an incident like this I would always offer some wet lettuce and other fresh veg to make sure her system keeps moving.
I am so relieved 😅
I will give her some lettuce as you said. Thank you so much!

48 HOURS LATER:

Stella: Hey Slave, I'm an invalid! I am DYING! Quick, get me some lettuce!
Slave: Oh my! I'll be right there!
Stella: Nom nom. Very good.

It makes me wonder if she planned this 🤣 :eek:

Back