• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea Pig Foot Cut

Nostvlgic

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey guys so my Guinea Pig started bleeding quite a bit from a cut on the bottom of his foot. I'm still not sure what caused the cut. I cleaned it out and wrapped bandages around the foot to try and stop the bleeding. My concern is that he is running around the cage a lot and trying to bite the bandage off. He is able to put pressure on his foot and is running a lot on it, but he seems to be very scared/panic. I really hope that he is scared of the bandage being on his foot rather than from pain of the cut. I give him a couple of veggies and that seems to distract him from the bandage for a while, but as soon as he is finished eating he goes back to running frantically and biting at the bandage. Is this normal type of behavior towards the bandage or is this more severe. I can feel that he is really scared by the way he looks back at me, so I'm not sure if he is more freaked out about the bandage or if he is really hurting from the injury. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Please remove the bandage and clean the wound again. You need to get him booked to see the vet.

Does he live alone? Piggies are highly social and need companionship of their own kind. So if he’s alone you need to see about getting him a friend soon. And making sure that friend is a he and that they have enough space - minimum 150x60cm.

Back