Guinea Pig fleece

heidii

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, I've been looking at getting a new cage and fleece for my two adopted male skinny pigs (who still are nameless).
The cage will be a 2x6 C&C cage for now (I'm hopefully moving soon, so I want to make it even bigger when I do!) so I'm just looking about for some fleece to fit it. This is the cage base I'm looking at getting, and I'll just get some white C&C grids off of Amazon.

So, I've been looking for fleece and want some beige/white or even brown/green fleeces for them, and have so far found this one by GuineaQueen, and whilst I'd be fine with buying it, the combined price for international taxes & shipping would be as much as the fleece itself to the UK.

Does anybody know what other high quality fleeces there are, that matches beige/white or brown/green colours?

Are your boys on fleece already? If they are and on pads then great, you know where you stand. Mine were a nightmare on pads, just burrowing underneath. I now use a large piece of fleece over my absorbent pad and pinned a million times around the cage because otherwise Jenny will pull it apart and be under.

It’s a lot of money if it turns out you can’t use it!

I would search for a fleece fabric in the UK that you like and consider making your own liners.
Fleece is very easy to sew and a liner is really just sewing straight(ish!) lines.

But be careful about sizes - a lot of normal washing machines will struggle with anything larger than a 5 x 2 liner so for bigger cages it is often better to make several smaller liners.

Are your boys on fleece already? If they are and on pads then great, you know where you stand. Mine were a nightmare on pads, just burrowing underneath. I now use a large piece of fleece over my absorbent pad and pinned a million times around the cage because otherwise Jenny will pull it apart and be under.

It’s a lot of money if it turns out you can’t use it!
They came on this old Devon Meadow hay & I now use that as bedding alongside paper bedding with puppy pads beneath. I think they'll be much cleaner on fleece so I do want to give it a go, and if it doesn't go to plan I'll just donate it to a guinea rescue.

I use C&E cosies cage liners they come in loads of colours and sizes. They have a zorb inner layer which is really absorbant and makes the pad a bit thicker and softer too. They have an etsy store but its cheaper buying direct off their website.

I didn't have the time or energy to make my own and they were a reasonable price. I use to use towels with fleece on top which is cheap but I found it hard dealing with it in the end. Nova found she could climb under the fleece so I had to fold the fleece edges under the towel. And they don't last as long as the liner so needed washing twice as often. Then the washing machine decided it didn't like washing that much at once. The liner dries quicker and takes less room hung out too.

I only have 2 liners that I rotate no issue.

I think I've settled on reusable puppy training pads after seeing so many reviews from guinea pig owners on Amazon. I'm gonna just get the 4pc set here & see how well they do before I get the cage.

Back