• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea pig first aid kit

Shannonford101

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello,
We are currently ensuring we have all the right bits and bobs in our guinea first aid kit. Please drop any recommendations below.
At the moment we have ringworm/fungal cream left over from Bugzy’s infection, Loxicom, spot on gels for mites, nail clippers, a brush, syringes, gloves and also quick stop in the post.
I want to ensure we have all the things that we might need ‘immediately’. The rest of the items we have on an amazon list for next day delivery if we feel it’s required.
UK members please can you advise a good CBD gel & a good cream for hay pokes.

thank you all in advance :-)

Hello,
We are currently ensuring we have all the right bits and bobs in our guinea first aid kit. Please drop any recommendations below.
At the moment we have ringworm/fungal cream left over from Bugzy’s infection, Loxicom, spot on gels for mites, nail clippers, a brush, syringes, gloves and also quick stop in the post.
I want to ensure we have all the things that we might need ‘immediately’. The rest of the items we have on an amazon list for next day delivery if we feel it’s required.
UK members please can you advise a good CBD gel & a good cream for hay pokes.

thank you all in advance :-)

Hi!

Please bookmark our emergency guide link. It contains a chapter for what we recommend for a first aid kit.
Emergency, Crisis and Bridging Care until a Vet Appointment

If your piggy has hay poke you need to take him/her to the vet to check that there is nothing in the eye or hidden under the eyelid that you can't see such as a seed head. The vet will put in a special dye to check for ulcers and the prescribe the appropriate treatment. My Meg had such a bad haypoke she had 3 different eye drops 3 times a day for 5 weeks!

Back