• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

guinea pig eye removal

lewismilroy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all

our wee cookie whos 1 and a bit years old has ruptured the membrane around her eye and is looking like she'll require surgery. shes happy as larry right now and great taking eye drops and pain meds. I'm wondering what everyone thinks the cost will be as were returning to vets at the end of the week but i would feel more comfortable knowing the cost as i have stupidly not got any insurance for my baby

thanks all

I’m sorry your girl has that. But wishing her a good recovery. There are a few piggies on here who have gone on to live full lives with only the one eye.

With regards to cost, you are better off asking your vet. Costa differ across different vets so even giving you a ball park would be just a guess. Hopefully all goes well.

PS many of us on here don’t have insurance. But rather we put money away every month in a ‘piggy vet fund’.

Hi all

our wee cookie whos 1 and a bit years old has ruptured the membrane around her eye and is looking like she'll require surgery. shes happy as larry right now and great taking eye drops and pain meds. I'm wondering what everyone thinks the cost will be as were returning to vets at the end of the week but i would feel more comfortable knowing the cost as i have stupidly not got any insurance for my baby

thanks all

Hi
I am very sorry about about the operation.

Unfortunately, we cannot tell you how much it will be because that very much depends on the clinic and the duration of the operation. You will have to ask the clinic tomorrow. The operation cost can vary enormously, unfortunately and the cost will have gone up again due to the rise in electricity.

My Meleri needed an enucleation operation; she came through it with flying colours.
Please keep your fingers crossed for Meleri's eye removal operation!

All the best!

Hello and welcome to the forum. Good luck little piggy. ❤️

Back