• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea pig eye problem

Dreamlily27

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, I woke up to find a white lump on my guinea pig’s eye. The eye is all red under the lid and the eye is milky in addition to the white somewhat hard bump. I’ve not been able to post the pics here. Can’t figure out how. I’ve been looking on the internet and have come up with several possibilities. I don’t have a vet nearby that does guinea pigs so I’m kind of at a loss. I’ve looked closely at the eye and I don’t see anything in it. The eye appears to be somewhat painful to her. Any help would be appreciated!

Please have your piggy seen by any vet. Eyes are the same across all species so any vet will be able to deal with it. Any eye issue is considered urgent.

You can add a picture once your registration completes but eyes do always need a hands on vet check and we cant make a diagnosis

Please have the vet seen by any vet. Eyes are the same across all species so any vet will be able to deal with it. Any eye issue is considered urgent.

You can add a picture once your registration completes but eyes do always need a hands on vet check and we cant make a diagnosis
Thank you. I’m trying to find a vet that I can take her to.

Do take them to a vet as soon as you can. One note. if you are seeing a growth bulging from under the eyelid, not involving the eye directly, that can be fatty eye (if on the lower part) and that might not be a problem. But it can indicate something much more serious.
I'm in the US, but I agree, do find even a general vet for this instance, and then do some research and locate an exotics vet you can call on in the future.

Back