Guinea Pig Diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckey

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello :)

Ive had my two piggys for a week now and I am feeling a bit lost on thier diet as Ive read so much on it and the advice is so varied!

I am just wondering if anyone has a guinea pig weekly feed diary?

What can you feed them on a daily basis regarding veggies?

So far they have had kale, romaine lettuce, spinach, kiwi (they werent a fan!), red pepper, brocalli (they werent a fan!) and carrot ... i have mixed these up not fed them all at once! Ex: kale, spinach and red pepper one day. Carrot, romaine lettuce and brocalli another day.

Also wondering where you shop for your piggys food and hay?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Have you checked out the food section on the forums?

Recommendations For A Balanced General Guinea Pig Diet

Edible And Forbidden Veg And Fruit List With Vitamin C Grading

Careful with things like Kale because of the calcium content :)

I get hay from Hay for pets and science selective pellets from hmm I forgot the name lol I used to get it from Amazon but they started to get a bit cheeky with the postage so I looked around and found another place.

However I might be changing the pellets to a low calcium one at some point.

Hello :) thank you very much for replying, very helpful especially the thread links and information about kale. Will look at the threads now - getting used to using a forum haha!

:)

:wel: to the forum .

Where are you based ? We have members from all over the world so it is useful to know if you are in the UK or elsewhere.

Kerrie has given you links to 2 very good threads. We are regularly talking about diet - and rightly so. There is so much conflicting info in books and on websites.

The only veg I give daily are the ones listed in the 1st link as daily veg i. e.

1 french bean
A few slices of celery
a slice of capsicum pepper
a slice cucumber
1 sprig coriander .... per pig ( morning and evening)

I give a small amount of other fruit/ veg on the lists occasionally as a treat .

I am based in the UK ☺ thats what I was finding it was all very conflicting so the links and your advice has really helped, I'm just creating them a little food plan now that matches yours Thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back