Guinea pig brushes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinea pigs <3

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Mabel and Dottie are short haired but are really moulting at the moment. I'd like to get a brush for them but i'm not sure which type to go for.

Any recommendations please?

Thanks! :)

I have one of the little finger brushes from P@H for my short haired girls :)) Can't find an image of it now though :(
I need a decent brush for my long haired boy...I have to use a comb at the moment and he doesn't like it much.

I brought a pink small animal brush with nail trimmers included, seems to do the job with my shorties

Being a dog groomer I use all sorts of brushes every day. I have to say that most pet shops sell really basic brushes for guinea pigs. When I owned my first piggies we were given a soft bristle brush (almost as soft as a baby brush). I still have it in a draw but it was useless then and still is. It doesn't go to the base of the coat, and just takes was loose on top. (think its made by mikki).

I now use a pin brush with bobbles on the end, and a flea comb. My piggies coats vary so much that i sometimes use a rotating tooth comb also.

Thanks guys, will have a look on ebay to see if i can find something similar. If not i think my vets have some brushes :)

I use a slicker brush the same as Guinea-wiggles mean looking one ;) . I dont think its as bad as it looks as the pins have a bobble on the end and are thin and bendy if they hit a snag. On saying that my long haired piggy is not keen on any kind of brushing and even squeels if I trim her hair....lol
x

I'd have to say I'm a huge fan of the slicker brushes - All my animals are short haired (pigs, dogs, rabbit!) and I use them for all of them - they get through the coat nicely, are good for getting loose hair out, and because they penetrate the furcoat, the blood flow to the skin is stimulated :)

I use a slicker brush for mine too, in fact I want to get another one as a 'spare'. I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back