Guinea Pig Boarding/home Visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate187

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm going away from 18th-22nd February and as I now have 3 pigs in a large C&C cage I was hoping to leave them at home. Has anyone had any experience doing this with their pigs?

Also extremely helpful would be any recommendations for this in Birmingham.

Thanks.

No help location wise I'm afraid, but I use a local pet sitting/ visiting service if I go away for the weekend. They come in morning and evening to feed and check the animals (minimum 20mins). Last time I pre-chopped all the veg etc. and left a really clear list as to who had to be fed what and when! It took a bit of planning but all worked out well - they always text updates to let me know everyone is happy and fed! :)

I also use a pet sitter who comes in twice a day.
She sends me a daily whatsapp picture of the piggies which I love.
I leave her instructions, and photos of a typical plate f fresh food as well as stocking he fridge before we go away.
When we are away for more than 5 - 6 days I also leave her some cash to pick up any additional fresh food they might need.

it isn't the cheapest option, but it is definitely the best one for us I think.
She also empties the letterbox, moves the curtains around, etc. so I think is has the added benefit of making the house look less 'empty'.

Woops! I worded that so poorly. I usually board them but as there are 3 this time I'm hoping to get someone to come in to feed/clean them once or twice a day.

Ha - I can just imagine if I left my lot at home alone.
All of the fresh veg would be gone in one day, and the place would be trashed :nod:

Do you have a friend that can pop in twice a day? I have a neighbour that looks after my crew, sometimes if I'm gone too long or depending on the time of the year then they go elsewhere. I draw up a feeding chart, includes the daily tasks etc. Whereabout in the West Mids are you?

I'm trying to find a friend to but it's in case I can't really. I'm in great barr, Birmingham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back