Guinea pig bar biting

Packit

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I built my guinea pigs a new cage and it's way bigger than their old one. But they were fighting so I separated them by putting bars in between half of the cage. They each have the same amount of space water food attention, etc. But one of them keeps biting at the wall in-between them (it is a c&c cage and the wall wall see through) I've tried re introducing them because I thought that maybe he just missed his friend but they kept fighting so I put them back separated. Its driving me NUTS. It keeps me up at night and you can hear it from the downstairs of my house! What do I do? It's so annoying and I don't know how to stop it.

I’m sorry they fell out. The bar biting is because he wants to get at the other piggy, it’s not a positive sign. What you can do is to try and cover the divider for now.

You could use some correx, cardboard or fabric of some sort. Leave it up for a short while then remove and see how he is. If he starts again you may have to leave the divider covered for a little longer - perhaps a month. Then remove gradually and hopefully he’ll have stopped.

I’m sorry they fell out. The bar biting is because he wants to get at the other piggy, it’s not a positive sign. What you can do is to try and cover the divider for now.

You could use some correx, cardboard or fabric of some sort. Leave it up for a short while then remove and see how he is. If he starts again you may have to leave the divider covered for a little longer - perhaps a month. Then remove gradually and hopefully he’ll have stopped.
Oh my God I never thought about that. I will definitely do that thank you so much! I hope it works!

I just put cardboard up. I hope it stops.

Back