Guinea Pig and Fish in the same room?

amelchor005

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello, I plan to buy a pet fish and put it in the same room as my guinea pigs but I'm not sure if that would cause any problems because of the hay dust and the other particles caused by my guinea pigs. Can the particles affect my fish's water in any way?

Hi! I have both fish and piggies and they don't affect each other. If you are worried about particles getting in your fish tank, I would highly recommend buying a hood for your tank. It will also keep down the water evaporation that happens between thank cleanings.

Hay dust is not great all round,
I get dust free hay, , can you guys get that,
Welcome to forum x little fishie

My piggies live in my shed year round but do come in the house during periods of extreme weather. i have two aquariums in the room but there is nothing the piggies use which causes problems for the fish. Equally the same perfumes, sprays etc which can cause problems for guinea pigs are also bad for fish

My pigs and fish live in the same room and have done for many years now with no issues. I’d definitely make sure you have a hood on the tank like said above. Good luck with new fishy :)

Back