guinea dad cage liners

horsefeather

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
are they worth the money? I'm already over the paper bedding being tracked through the house and cost wise it will cost roughly $550 a year for paper bedding. i have 2 guinea dad liners in my amazon shopping cart. convince me to pull the trigger.

also what do they mean by spot cleaning. like just blot the pee spots with a damp rag?

Can’t comment on how good guineadad liners are themselves, but I do know they are expensive!
I use just fleece blankets with an absorbent layer underneath. Works just as well and much cheaper in the initial purchase.

Spot cleaning is sweeping up poops.
The pee will get absorbed down through the absorbent liner so blotting the spots won’t really do much as it won’t wash the pee out

I don't use the guineadad liners but from what I have heard, they are really good!😃 although if I changed my bedding from newspaper and hay I would probably use fleece instead as the guineadad liners are super expensive👌 hope this helps!💕

I bought a 2x2 guinea dad liner from Amazon coz I really wanted to try it. It was good, but after a few washes, I think it's shrinking coz the bottom layer (the waterproof layer) seems to be bigger than the top and the sides are creasing. It does absorb the pee good though. I still prefer the fleece liners I bought from online sellers here in the UK.

so would a fleece from the store layered over a washable puppy pad work?

I almost bought one last year...or the year before. But for the money I could make two large liners for the boys. They seem good though going by people who do use them.

Hey we have two guinea pig liners and they are pretty good. We've had them for three months so far and they haven't shrunk for us yet.

You need to wash them with distilled white vinegar. I personally would recommend them and we are looking to buy another two.

Oh and our piggy loves to hide under the blanket that the fleece provides

I bought a 2x2 guinea dad liner from Amazon coz I really wanted to try it. It was good, but after a few washes, I think it's shrinking coz the bottom layer (the waterproof layer) seems to be bigger than the top and the sides are creasing. It does absorb the pee good though. I still prefer the fleece liners I bought from online sellers here in the UK.
Just thinking, did you wash it at a high temp? I vaguely remember his video on YouTube saying to wash at a low temp.

Just thinking, did you wash it at a high temp? I vaguely remember his video on YouTube saying to wash at a low temp.
No. I wash it in 30C. I wash all the fleece and clothes in 30C so nothing unusual was done. I don't know why it seemed to have shrunk. Plus the sides are all like creasing by the seams. I've read some comments in the past about the same thing and Guinea Dad said to just stretch it out, but it's not working for me.

This is the 1x1 I bought (it's sold as pack of 3), and you can see the blue bottom layer (the waterproof layer) has bigger size on the edges. That's what happened to the 2x2 size I have. It seems the bottom layer is expanding or the top layer is shrinking.

20200620_163732.jpg

Also, those three 1x1 size I bought all have different sizes now. Not much but you can still see the size differences.

Hmm odd. You should contact him cos they shouldn’t be doing that so quickly.

No. I wash it in 30C. I wash all the fleece and clothes in 30C so nothing unusual was done. I don't know why it seemed to have shrunk. Plus the sides are all like creasing by the seams. I've read some comments in the past about the same thing and Guinea Dad said to just stretch it out, but it's not working for me.

This is the 1x1 I bought (it's sold as pack of 3), and you can see the blue bottom layer (the waterproof layer) has bigger size on the edges. That's what happened to the 2x2 size I have. It seems the bottom layer is expanding or the top layer is shrinking.

View attachment 145990
Do you wash them in distilled vinegar?

There are actually quite a lot of reviews in Amazon that say it does shrink for them too. I'll try to contact Guinea Dad and see what he says. I have to take a photo of them when I've washed it.
They do shrink, so you have to stretch them after you take them out of the drier. 😉

Hmm I’m not too sure that vinegar alone is enough to clean them. But maybe it is. Good luck finding out @anyar.dris

Hmm I’m not too sure that vinegar alone is enough to clean them. But maybe it is. Good luck finding out @anyar.dris
Please see below guinea dad instructions

The video on guinea dad also recommends which detergent you should use.

Attachments

• 15926722320445730240427798645670.webp
    15926722320445730240427798645670.webp
    47.8 KB · Views: 12
Please see below guinea dad instructions

The video on guinea dad also recommends which detergent you should use.
I already use a Non-bio detergent, which a lot of members here use. I also do not tumble dry coz we don't have a dryer and just air dry all the washing (fleece, clothes, bedsheets). What he does in his video is how I wash the fleece (well apart from when he soaks it first in the bath to remove the pee?). It still shrinks. Although it says on that photo you posted that it will shrink after a few washes, which I didn't like at all. All my other fleece liners are fine though. It's a good thing I only use the Guinea Dad liner in the 2nd floor of the hutch and just fold the liner a bit since 2×2 is bigger than the actual hutch measurements, but I wouldn't really be happy if it will be use in the area of C&C cage.

I already use a Non-bio detergent, which a lot of members here use. I also do not tumble dry coz we don't have a dryer and just air dry all the washing (fleece, clothes, bedsheets). What he does in his video is how I wash the fleece (well apart from when he soaks it first in the bath to remove the pee?). It still shrinks. Although it says on that photo you posted that it will shrink after a few washes, which I didn't like at all. All my other fleece liners are fine though. It's a good thing I only use the Guinea Dad liner in the 2nd floor of the hutch and just fold the liner a bit since 2×2 is bigger than the actual hutch measurements, but I wouldn't really be happy if it will be use in the area of C&C cage.
You have to stretch it out, otherwise, it shrinks.
I stretch it each way for about 15 seconds. It works really well!
I really like using GuineaDad fleece. :)

You have to stretch it out, otherwise, it shrinks.
I stretch it each way for about 15 seconds. It works really well!
I really like using GuineaDad fleece. :)
I do stretch it out before hanging it to dry and after it dried. It wasn't working. I don't know how it will work though coz the fleece isn't stretchable. Also I only use it every 2 days since I put it in an area where the piggies always sleep on. Anyway, it's the flaw I found in the liners. I have other fleece liners that I love and they haven't shrunk even if I already have them more than a year.

I do stretch it out before hanging it to dry and after it dried. It wasn't working. I don't know how it will work though coz the fleece isn't stretchable. Also I only use it every 2 days since I put it in an area where the piggies always sleep on. Anyway, it's the flaw I found in the liners. I have other fleece liners that I love and they haven't shrunk even if I already have them more than a year.
I'm sorry that they shrunk. :(
I use the drier setting "low" for 55 minutes, and then stretch them while they are still damp. :)

Back