Guidance on Wagg Guinea Pig Food

• Thread starter Thread starter Jillybean
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jillybean

I'm looking to change foods and picked a bag of this up in Asda to have a look at. On the side of the packet it says that they should be given (there's a list of veg/fruit) 2 or 3 times a week, but only provide small amounts for a refreshing change. Did I read it wrong or misunderstand it? Has anyone got a bag. I thought dry food should be a supplement for fresh - not the other way round.

If someone can clarify I've got this right, I'll e-mail them to query it. I don't fancy feeding my guineas this if they can't even get this right.

My view (and this is what mine get) is loads of hay then veggies twice everyday and some dried feed so that there is a good balance. Mine have all done well on this routine.

I have read guinea pig care books that say veggies are only 2-3 times a week. There are so many contradictions out there!

I agree with Beaney, Tiger can't get enough of salad and veggies and scoffs grass, apples, tomatoes and pak choi (?!) twice a day! Plus he has fresh hay every day to munch and his Burgess Supa Guinea... And when I want to groom him I have to bribe him with parsley!

mine get hay and dried food available all the time veggies most days if I run out I dont panic but find some lush grass and dandelion leaves not going to change after doing it his way for 30 plus years mind you dried food has got better since them days like having vit c included

I'd ignore advice on a bag of food, they're bound to want you to feed more of that so you buy more, surely?

I give mine the Wagg Optimum pellets and they love them.

Tiger is so funny, he practically throws himself into the middle of the grass or veggies! he also tries to pull food out of Bunny's mouth which is naughty, even if he has plenty himself.

kayjay said:
I'd ignore advice on a bag of food, they're bound to want you to feed more of that so you buy more, surely?

I give mine the Wagg Optimum pellets and they love them.

That is true! The amount is says on the packet for one piggy is probably what my girls get between 4 of them. They really don't each that much of it - their bowl is never empty - but they eat so much hay and veggies.

michellemuffin said:
mine get hay and dried food available all the time veggies most days if I run out I dont panic but find some lush grass and dandelion leaves

same here :)

I have a bag of the wagg crunch and it does say give veg a few times a week. Totally disagree with it mine love veggies and have them every day without fail.

Think Wagg need to come on here and learn a bit! Mine have always had veggies every day, and like Michellemuffin says, if you run out you can grab some grass.

my 3 piglies get waggs crunch in the morning 1 1/2 hand full,veg peelings in day (not everyday) then fresh veg & fruit on a night time,always have hay! they have been outside last week due to very mild weather,got some dandelion seeds to grow,for the bad weather!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back