Guess What We Did Today!

Kellykels

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Look what we did, any one have any improvement suggestions?
I think the hay racks might be a bit small...and I'm awaiting cosy beds.
The other water bottle needs to be secured.
I have covered the loft with a fleece to give some privacy.

My fiance and I managed it in about 45 mins and I made it piggy ready!
So it looks like we'll have our friends moving in tomorrow!

cage.webp

Looks fab! When do your piggies arrive? Are you having boysels or girlies?

I haven't decided yet, I'm just going to go and see who I click with.
There's a guinea pig I like who is currently on his own because a couple of piggies have beat him up,
but I'm not confident enough to do intro's so I might get a ready bonded pair.
It might be boys.
Are boys or girls more affectionate/ chilled out?

I've found it all depends on piggies personalities. Christian and Dennis are pretty chilled but some boars aren't. The girls are lovely too but some girlies can have strong seasons every 14-17 days (or something like that) and be pretty objectionable but lovely the rest of the time. I think it's best to do what you are doing and see who you click with.

It looks fab! I have a rescue boy and girl pair, he's snipped so no babies, he's more chilled and doesn't mind a cuddle, she's more skittish and prefers to be near us rather than be held too much, my friend has 2 boys who are again totally different to mine. Mine were paired in the shelter so I didn't have to do it myself, but as soon as I saw them I knew I had to have them! Xx

Oh wow that looks fab! Lucky piggies!

When you look at what gender piggies you want the main question to ask is "will I want to add more pigs?". I knew I'd want a small group so went with girlies as you can't keep a group of boys. If you just want a pair then the world is your oyster! :)

I can only get a pair in my flat. I might want a herd when we get a house. But that won't be for sometime

Oooh it looks great! Whoever moves in there are some lucky piggies.

As it’s a 3x2 i’d Be tempted to go for girls as boys need a bit more space to strut their manly stuff around.

Back