grumpy guinea pig

• Thread starter Thread starter archieismybaby
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

archieismybaby

hi - just wondering does anyone else have a grumpy guinea pig ?

mine is a chatterer and purrs loud at me but is a puppy once in my arms - anyone else have this ? 98) ::)

want to know what they do and whether its a boar or sow....when you look in guinea pig books they dont say about this they just say how docile they are etc...never thought such a cute small thing could be such hard work at times ;D

Yup! Timmy is hard work too :-\ He likes the top of his head being scratched and under his chin tickled but thats about it. Dont even go there with lifting him up! I wouldnt say he was grumpy but very highly strung :o

lavenderjade said:
Yup! Timmy is hard work too :-\ He likes the top of his head being scratched and under his chin tickled but thats about it. Dont even go there with lifting him up! I wouldnt say he was grumpy but very highly strung :o

Yeah! My Bully likes tickerly under the chin and a little head scratch, but full stroking and picking him up - at my peril! If I pick him up after his run round the room though he does relax for a nano second - then realise where he is and starts biting etc, again he's not grumpy, just knows what he wants and likes in life! He's a very bold boy!

I've never had a grumpy guinea, mine have always been happy little guys.

Also, to sex a guinea-pig, a female will have a little Y shape, and if u press the top of the genitals, if male, you should be able to push out the penis, and also feel it beneath your finger. On a female you wouldn't, obviously lol. Doesn't really depend on their age, when rehomed as pets they should be sexually old enough and should show.

Guines pigs are laid back when you're cuddling them, mine would love curling up on my lap and in my arms and would fall asleep, then they'd also be hyperactive and popcorn a lot and run about and play, happily chattin to themselves lol. They're not hard work at all, they're one of the easiest pets to look after. As babies they're a lot more alert and highly strung.

I think it just depends on the individual piggie. Timmy is just like Piglovers Bully (imagine if they ever got together?!) but my other 3 are affectionate and placid :)

lavenderjade said:
I think it just depends on the individual piggie. Timmy is just like Piglovers Bully (imagine if they ever got together?!) but my other 3 are affectionate and placid :)

;D Bully would love it! strangely enough he isn't aggressive towards other piggies he just plays too rough! he's just a Bully! he bites me more! ;D

;D

i know how you tell a boar from a sow - just wondered if boars were more grumpy that was all

mine is affectionate and he was living outside but ive brought him indoors permantly now and he is so much tamer and calmer now - i love guinea pigs and agree they are probably the best small pet - but no pet is easy - especially as they are poop machines ! ;D

I LOVE GUINEAS (rabbits too !) :smitten:

My Cobweb is very grumpy, he's getting quite a reputation for it! ;D

I'm only permitted to stroke his ears (he loooooves that) or his head, he's not keen elsewhere on his body. He'll let me pick him up but if anyone else tries the back legs come out and he's given my OH some mean scratches. He's a bad tempered, grumpy, sulky boy - I wouldn't swap him for anything!

:smitten:

I wouldn't say my Teabag was grumpy all the time. Sometimes you can really tell he's just not in the mood. He just sits there, scrumpled down in your lap with this "oh, WHEN is this going to be over" look.

I think its cute personally....! :smitten:

He does nip occasionally, but usually just when we about to put him in the run, or back in the hutch. He's such a nibbler he just can't WAIT to get to the food ::)

archieismybaby said:
;D

i know how you tell a boar from a sow - just wondered if boars were more grumpy that was all

mine is affectionate and he was living outside but ive brought him indoors permantly now and he is so much tamer and calmer now - i love guinea pigs and agree they are probably the best small pet - but no pet is easy - especially as they are poop machines ! ;D

I LOVE GUINEAS (rabbits too !) :smitten:

ah! lol I must have read it wrong, sorry ;D

Rudolph is really shy and timid but his brother Nibbler thinks he is tough lol. If he's not in the mood he can be a bit grumpy and he growls at me if I try and pick him up but other times he wants attention. I think every pig is different you just have to get to know them :)

thats ok lil misscavy ;)

i love mine too - he isnt always grumpy - guess i didnt realise how much character they have - guess now hes indoors you definately get more out of them !

he can be really sweet - he loves to lie on my bed and sleep and he loves a chin rub ! wouldnt change him either - love him to bits :smitten:

id tell anyone to keep them indoors you get a better pet definately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back