• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Growth on nose

LauraMc1987

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, I have 2 male Guinea Pig’s, they are both 2 years old. I noticed a couple of weeks back they both had a dry bit on their nose - didn’t seem to be bothering them so didn’t worry. Over the last couple of days I’ve noticed one of the Guinea pigs growth has grown a lot and this morning he doesn’t seem to be interested in eating at all. Any idea what this could be? I’ve attached a photo of the growth.

Thanks

Attachments

• B1736777-89FA-41AE-886E-32C7B44632E8.webp
    B1736777-89FA-41AE-886E-32C7B44632E8.webp
    70.3 KB · Views: 14
Only a vet can diagnose so please do have your piggy seen. However, this looks like it might be cheilitis.
Cheilitis is an infection where bacteria gets into cracks in the skin. It can sometimes be fungal instead of bacterial.
Do you feed your piggies acidic items such as fruit or tomatoes?

Hi,
Thanks for responding - should have stated that I am waiting on a call back from the vet. So hopefully hear soon! They are on occasion given apples but not often - I’ll be sure to keep that in mind moving forward though! Hopefully hear back from the vet soon!

Back