• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Growth on neck?

• Thread starter Thread starter kdryan
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kdryan

Hi guys and gals...

Well, RJ has his hair problem licked, but it seems he has a new one. There is some kind of growth on his neck with little white bumps on it. One was so big, I thought it was food stuck to his fur. I pulled it off and it looked kind of like a peanut, and didn't seem to hurt him, but there is more there now. This is kind of gross... :o

Kevin

Do you keep your pigs out of doors,this sounds like maggots.Any chance of a pic,i. I can only think of maggots or ticks.Have not seen anaything like you describe.Maybe someone else whill recognise it.

Whatever it is you must remove all of them and bath the piggy.,and give the accomodation a thorough clean. Is there any manky veggies or anything else that could attract flies?.

Have a very good look at the pigs rear end,check if it is soliled because flies can lay eggs in dirty rectums and the maggots will eat the gp flesh.

If the piggies have access to a garden are you sure it is not seed pods from a plant that has got stuck in the hair?

I reeeally have no clue :o

I would most def take him (and any cagemates) out of the cage, disinfect it throughout, all the toys, hayrack etc EVERYTHING!

Consider bringing him in if hes out, so you can keep an eye...

And yeah, post a pic if you can, maybe someone will know :-\

Really racking my brains, but you have me stumped :-\

someone might put me right on this one but I thought you shouldn't just pull tics off as the site gets infected where they had bitten(well thats if you don't get them off properly)

This is gross...

He has a vet appointment this afternoon and we'll see what she says...

I'm starting to think I'm not a Guinea Pig person. If my twins weren't so crazy about him, he probably would be finding a new home... :P

Aw how old are the twins ? :)
Theres gonna be soo many unwanted piggys around now so i wouldnt give him a new home ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back