• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Growth on lower gums? No clue what it is

stewietankfrank

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey everyone
I just adopted a new baby from my local animal shelter. I brought him home and let him get settled and once he was a little more relaxed I did a little check in to see if he was in good health or if I missed anything at the shelter. I noticed a slight smell around his mouth so I super gently pulled his lil lip down and I saw this? I have absolutely no idea what it could be.. Has anyone else seen something like this? Most definitely bringing him to the vet I just wanted to see if anyone else knew what may be going on… pic attached

Attachments

• FDEB3E93-A631-420C-AA5F-ECB2DF221C92.webp
    FDEB3E93-A631-420C-AA5F-ECB2DF221C92.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 29
Hey everyone
I just adopted a new baby from my local animal shelter. I brought him home and let him get settled and once he was a little more relaxed I did a little check in to see if he was in good health or if I missed anything at the shelter. I noticed a slight smell around his mouth so I super gently pulled his lil lip down and I saw this? I have absolutely no idea what it could be.. Has anyone else seen something like this? Most definitely bringing him to the vet I just wanted to see if anyone else knew what may be going on… pic attached

Hi

It looks like some food stuck on or around the lower incisors to me.

I agree, could you touch it to see if it will slide of or perhaps it’s a job for the vet, it does look like it might set up an infection if it’s left

Back