Growing your own vegetables for your pigs

WheekHearted

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So this weekend I’m planting a bunch of stuff like cilantro, parsley, carrots, mint, and hope to add more like peppers, and even a lawn grass mat because mine have never gotten lawn clippings or whatever before.

I’m just curious does anyone grow their own veggies indoor or out? Can you suggest anything yours love?

We have an allotment and grow lots of veggies for humans and the piggies 😊 We grow corn as the piggie love the leaves, along with carrots, fennel (the feather leaved herb), parsley, green beans, Peas and (potatoes and onions extra for the humans)

Like @Bill & Ted, I also have an allotment so grow lots of different things for us and the piggies - lettuce, variety of herbs, raspberries (the piggies get the leaves not the fruit) potatoes, cucumbers, tomatoes (not given to the piggies), strawberries (again, the leaves not fruit), beans etc

Sure I know fennel that’s their favorite herb ever! I have the soil and planters I just gotta do it all this weekend. Those are my weekend plans.

Sure I know fennel that’s their favorite herb ever! I have the soil and planters I just gotta do it all this weekend. Those are my weekend plans.
It’s the perennial plant not the root fennel. you plants it, use the leaves to feed the pigies and cut it down in autumn and it starts growing aga8n 8n the summer. We also have a greenhouse for tomatoes and cucumber, we grow salad crops and herbs in the garden too 😊

I didnt do much last year as I had just moved in and had things in the house needing to be done, but I planted red leaf lettuce, radishes, rainbow chard (a firm favourite) corn, also a big hit! As well as spring greens and purple sprouting broccoli.

This year I'm going to clear out the greenhouse and have lots of lettuces/salad leaves, I'm going to try peppers, peas, beans, mustard greens, hopefully tomatoes and strawberries too.
I'll definitely try chard again and probably some sort of cabbage.

I’ve got 30+ packets of seeds: cucumber, carrot, corn, cilantro, peas, sweet peppers, lettuce, onions, radishes, brussel sprouts, parsley, and more. Seeds galore!

Burpee
Ferry Morse

Mostly those brands. I don’t know what’s good or not mostly. I’m still a noob.

Back