Grow your own grasses....

• Thread starter Thread starter Beaney
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beaney

..... mine love them and it is great to be able to give them some grass during the winter when they can't use the lawn.

Don't last long though!

Angela....

IMG086.jpg

& Tilly....

IMG087.jpg

I never thought of doing that, they like it and it's good for them? How cool! You have gorgeous piggies, btw. ;D

Kimmie

KimmiesGuineas said:
I never thought of doing that, they like it and it's good for them? How cool! You have gorgeous piggies, btw. ;D

Kimmie

Thanks!
They absolutly love it! Lasts about 5 minutes! My seeds came from Karen (Planet Guinea) and they are good for them and obviously tasty!

ohh is there a link ? tho i would need a lorry load for my lil lot ! ;D looks fab tho !

Cute pics! i was meaning to get some too, i'm pretty useless garden wise though. I probably wouldn't even managed grass :D

bramble said:
ohh is there a link ? tho i would need a lorry load for my lil lot ! ;D looks fab tho !

I hope the OP doesn't mind me replying! You can get it here; http://www.planetguinea.co.uk/shop/index.php and i've seen some on ebay too (not sure about the quality)

Planet Guinea Grains

Seeds (grass and herbage)

Hi, the PlanetGuinea ebay items are mine and the shop is mine. I gave the Cereal (Barley I think) Grass to Beaney when she dropped off some guineas for me. The cereal grass is Organic and is grown for Humans. It does not contain dust or any compost material its 100% grains. I don't have any Wheatgrass in but the link above takes you to Oat and Barley grass.

I have my new stock of seeds in for this season and will be doing Kale and a couple of grass mixes as well as a new leafy Meadow Grass and the usual Timothy and Orchard. As well I have herbage eg Plantain which my piggies love! Chicory and some Fennel too.

Cloud loves his Tim Grass :-* I sowed the seed in September and the picture was taken in the following April :) Cereal grass is ready in around 20 days (subject to conditions :)
cloudgrass.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back