• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Grooming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was wondering what would be best to groom one of my boys with. Ive got a soft brush and a very thinly spaced comb, and I mean very thinly spaced, the prongs don't even move separately. Neither of these works very well, the brush is useless and he hates the comb with a passion. I think he's a cross texel or merino or something because his fur gows in long spirals from his middle downwards. Do you think a wider spaced comb would work, like one we would use on our hair maybe because I don't want him getting matted. He's had his first haircut the other day and he's loving not having all that hair getting in his way.

my best comb is a wide tooth metel pet comb its great for getting knots out, any stubborn ones I snip out with hairdressing scissors but always put my fingers between their body and knot i also use thinning scissors to keep it from growing too thick

At my vets one of the assistants was a groomer of both dogs & cats, and she's had more than 30+ guineas
she's always very careful about grooming as Michelle said, so yes be careful and go a step at a time might be a bit tedious
but lets face it it'll be better for you both in the long run. Can you see someone that does regular grooming and for tips?
Good luck to you both :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back