Grooming An Eternally Moulting Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becca x

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have two beautiful Abyssinian girls, one is quite easy to groom and only has a few loose hairs, but the other has so much more hair! You keep brushing and it just keeps coming out, filling the brush but she doesn't actually look any different after brushing.

Does anyone have any advice on the best type of brush (combination?) to use? I'm using a soft bristle brush at the moment, have used a rubber finger brush before but she doesn't seem keen on it.

image.webp

Aww... What a cutie! :love:

I have a similar problem! I use a baby brush with super soft bristles. Anything more coarse and I get lots of objections. She sheds like crazy, but doesn't seem to get tangled.

Yeah it never seems to be tangled but I try to brush them daily and wondered if there's anything more effective! Especially as it gets everywhere Now have to shake everything before it goes in the washing machine!

My guy is the same and as a result, the whole house has a fine coating of guinea pig hair all over it :P So far he's hated any attempts I've made to brush him, but when I bathe him, I give him a good, vigorous rub with the towel (he loves this) and it seems to ease his shedding for a couple of days!

Both Lily and George shed a lot of hair. I didn't really know their breed but I think they must be Abys too, as they have a similar "hairstyle" to yours! I used to use a soft baby brush but tried this wire brush from a pet shop and it is very effective at removing old hair. They are both happy to be brushed with it. Lily particularly enjoys it. The wire bristles are very light and softer than they look. It's called Rodycare Slicker, it was about 7 Euros here.
image.webp

Ah ok, thank you, I'll pop to pets at home and give it a go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back