• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Great News - Sunshine's Weight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

As some of you know I've been worried about Sunshine's weight. 3 weeks ago he was 780g the following week he didn't gain and last week he was 750g so he lost an oz! I rung the vet who said 1oz fluctuations are ok and it's no need to stress but weigh him next week and see how he is. Well I had him out tonight and thought while he was calm (well, after he had wet and pooped on me...nice) I sat him on the scales and he is now 800g! :)

I'm overjoyed with that! I think he is one of those pigs that either puts a lot of weight on or none at all. It seems to come in waves with him! I could see just by looking at him he was getting big!

Just thought I'd fill you all in, for once I'm not freaking out over something! ;D

Louise
x

Oh good boy sunshine :) My scales are broken, you have reminded me to get some new ones...mmm....now where is my piggy shopping list?

Mine aren't the best I could do with some digital ones, I'll probably get them for Chrimbo, I can see my pressies being all piggy related! :D

Mine are too, my OH said he had a pressie for me and came home with a bag of timothy hay and some chubes ;D

Haha and then we get sooo excited about that! I don't need pressies I'd rather it went to the pigguns! :)

WOOO HOOO that's fab news clever little fella :smitten:
I weigh at the same time each day, first thing in the morning then i know if there's any ups or downs in weight O0

That's a good idea Glynis. Not sure my pigs would like it they prefer breakfast first, they boss me about! :D

How old is Sunshine? My guinea pig Blossom is 750gm and I think she is approx 4 1/2 months - but I am not 100% sure. Does anyone know how much weight should they be putting on each week or month? Does anyone have a comparison chart?

Thanks

Hiya,

Sunshine is 4 months 4 weeks. I have been trying to find out how much weights should be but every pig is different. I did find this http://www.guinealynx.com/weigh.html They have charts to compare. I've found this quite helpful. :)

Louise
x

Thanks Louise,

I know every guinea is different but because I'm quite new to this I just wanted a rough idea to make sure they are feeding OK etc. I have 4 guinea pigs and I adore them. They are so interesting! I've only had them since June, I wish I'd discovered them years ago.

Thanks for the advice Louise, no doubt I'll probably be asking your advice again.

:D

I'm new to it too (I got Sunshine in June and kinda got addict)...lol They are great, I'm suprised I didn't have one when I was a child!:)

Louise
x

Hi there

There weight does fluctuate. I only weighed mine for the first time Spike 621 and Smudge was 591. I dont know if this is a healthy weight as from what i was told when i got them they are about 12 wks now.

They are popcorning all the time

Terry-Ann x

That weight seems ok, one of my girls was 675g last week she is 3 months 3 weeks :)

Louise
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back