Grass

mls18

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm running out of hay for my two guinea pigs, ive ordered hay but its not gonna be here for a couple of days. Theres barely any hay left, only crumbs. Can i give my guinea pigs dead grass? Since its winter most of it is dead, is it fine to give them?

Most supermarkets and pet stores/farm shops will sell hay, even if the bags are small and it isn't the best quality.
It will certainly do for a couple of days.
Unless you know exactly what type of grass it is and can be 100% sure it hasn't been peed on by dogs or foxes, I personally wouldn't risk feeding it.
Instead maybe try checking out your local supermarket or pet store for a small bag for a few days.
Hay is the most important part of their diet and they should never be without it.

Most supermarkets and pet stores/farm shops will sell hay, even if the bags are small and it isn't the best quality.
It will certainly do for a couple of days.
Unless you know exactly what type of grass it is and can be 100% sure it hasn't been peed on by dogs or foxes, I personally wouldn't risk feeding it.
Instead maybe try checking out your local supermarket or pet store for a small bag for a few days.
Hay is the most important part of their diet and they should never be without it.
Ok thank you! Ill try and get.

Back