Grass question

Engel

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all,

The pigs have been getting grass every few weeks through the winter (slow growth), but now we're in spring the grass is growing much quicker which allows me to feed it more often. I'm currently feeding them small amounts every 2-3 days so I don't upset any tums. Today I picked way too much grass and actually have 2 days worth. Am I able to keep it in the fridge for a few days or am I better off getting fresh when I need it. If it can't go in the fridge I'll dry it and mix it in with other bits of forage I find throughout the year.

I keep it in the fridge for a day or 2 if I pick to much. I don't know if this is the done thing though it's just what I do! Sitting here wishing I'd picked some early this morning for tonight when the weather was dry. It's now howling a gale and pouring with rain. I'm going to have to get wet and have it spread round the kitchen on newspaper drying off before they can have it.

I also keep some in the fridge occasionally. Currently have some in as we cut the grass a couple of days ago and so wanted to have some whilst it grew back a bit.

Back