• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

got stuff for bubbles need advice

• Thread starter Thread starter tawny
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tawny

got bubbls a mixtur of stuff toay but just want to confirm osag an using it, worry caus I'm only us to gtting stuff from vts :)

got aktarin for hr gums an vra has avis m on that.

vra sai to gt a [colorr]r hyration tratmnt. all i foun was on at boots, it's call r hyration tratmnt but is blackcurrnt flavour.......... is it K to us an how much ?

vra tol m to gt somthing for pain tc........ got cuprofn for chilrn from 6 months. pharmacist sai it was sam as nurofn(i think that's how u spll it ::)) i know i n to giv 0.1 . is it K to us ?

rontologist tol m to gt ostocar(liqui) boots or tsco only ha tablt form, so ha to gt thm. can i giv thm an if so how much ?

hop i hav th right things :D sorry to b a pain with so many qustions but on't want to tak any risks

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally wouldn't use Cuprofen unless it was an emergency, its something to do with reactions in the stomach. Gina of CCT explained it to me but it was a few years ago... I would get something from Belinda at Galens Garden- Meadow Sweet Syrup, or you can give Potters Tabritis Tablets (sorry don't have the dose to hand will look it out for you. The rehydration treatment is fine and is the one I use sometimes, make up a cup of it and give it over the day, but still give her water.
I only have Calcium and Vit D in liquid form so can't help there, why don't you phone the rodentologist, he won't mind :)

I don't know how bad she is but try giving her some Vet Bed to lay on (or something like), most of mine prefer to make themselves comfy in the hay though- either that or I put a pile of hay on the Vet Bed ::) which doesn't do it any good...

Hows the eating going? Try her with some banana.

vedra from cct told me to give nurofen ( i think ) cause her gums etc might be inflamed, told me to give it twice a day, forgive me if i'm not making sense :o i've just woke up, so tired :(.

will get stuff from belinda but was trying to sort out bubbles asap in case she is sore.

the osteocare isn't as important but i will email paul later, i think for the vit c he told me half a tablet....have that many bits of paper :)

what i wanna achieve right now is to take any pain away she has in her mouth and then she might start eating on her own, any ideas of what i could do tonight? do u think cuprofen would be ok until i can get stuff from belinda ?

i'm syringe feeding her and so far today she has had 28, i did grate some food and she wants it but i think she is still sore.

paul had to cut the back teeth and there was a spur i believe, she had a slight bump on left side, paul hopes it's not an abscess :( vedra says it could be to do with roots of teeth puching into gums or an abscess. he did alot of work on her teeth.

so much info hey! the plan was to try and see if we could get her stronger and eating first and then on wed i am to phone paul and take it from there.

her weight went down to 837g and this morning it was 866g.

can get her some vet bed from ware house at the moment she has paper and a big bath towel that she snuggles up in.

she is in house alot but when i get her out she has a good snoop around and is now walking and bunny hopping, before she wouldn't walk.

For pain in the mouth I swab Calgel round on the end of a cotton bud. Up to you re Nurofen/Cuprofen but I would only use it in an emergency myself.

For Vit C I use Rosehip syrup from Holland and Barrett, it goes down much easier :)

Supermarkets have teething Gels if you want to get one or just give the Cuprofen till you can get the Meadow Sweet. If it were me I think I would be opting for the Gel, but you can see her and I can't :) It also depends on how much and what she's eating. If the Gel doesn't work then she'll need Cuprofen/Rimadyl (ask your rodentologist which vet will prescribe Rimadyl ).

does daktarin not kill the pain or is that something totally different?

she doesn't seem to be in pain but will not eat solid food, she starts to then just drops it, she wants its.

i don't wanna give her anything that will upset her.

have just given her daktarin and will give her vit c and just see how it goes.

thanxs for putting up with me, get some more cash tomoro so will order what she needs. might end up checking back with you if you don't mind :)

I think Daktarin is just for Fungal probs, thats when I use it. It sounds to me as if the pain is in her jaw not her mouth. Her gums could quite possibly be sore after a dental (so I would give Calgel/Oral Gel) but to pick up food then drop it is exactly what my guins with jaw problems do. A pain killer like either Meadow Sweet or Rimadyl (10mg x2 daily) might allow her to eat, or you could grate her fresh veg and soak Supa Guinea Excel and feed that. Mine always adapted themselves very quickly as soon as they found that there was something available that they could eat. :)
No worries about 'checking back' :)

well have ordered some syrup for bubbles plus a syringe feed stuff that i saw and an insect spray ;)

have grated some food plus tried the excell food but she doesn't want to know :( mind you she has had abt 32 syringes of food.

bought 2 of her cage mates in tonight and she ate the inside of a cherry tomato and a mouthfull of strawberry :smitten: not much but a start.

she's worn out now and gone to bed, will give her another feed before i go bed.

she has to have the daktarin for 3 weeks but she likes that, have started her in vit c.

will get her a gel tomoro. her mouth would be very sore, he did alot of work but i think it might have something to do with this lump she has on the left hand side of her jaw, it's got no bigger.

You sound exhausted love, please try to get some rest for yourself as well :( :(
Bubbles sounds like she's trying really hard for you, bless her :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: WOW all those syringes that's brilliant, i'm pleased for you O0 :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: Awwwww i bet having her mates in with her perked her up a bit O0 0:) 0:) 0:)
Keep on going little girlie, we're keeping our paws crossed for you, loves from us both :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back