Got late in feeding the babies

Wrii

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I usually feed them breakfast around 8.30 in the morning. But today I woke up late and fed them around 10 am. I feel like a horrible mother but are they going to be okay? They just seem a bit sad and aren’t making any noises. Idk what to do. Please help me.

You really dont need to worry - nothing is going to happen to them. As hay is their main food source and as long as they always have several large piles of hay constantly available to them then they won't be hungry. Veg and pellets are merely snacks and it doesn't matter what time you give them to them

Mine occasionally have a late breakfast. Seeing a piggy standing over an empty food bowl looking pathetic is a slave training technique.
Sometimes mine even miss their midday snack if no-one is at home. The noise when they hear the front door is enough to let the whole neighbourhood know they are neglected :D

Oh, they will be absolutely fine. As long as they have access to hay there is no immediate need to feed them anything urgently - although they would always tell you otherwise!

Please don't worry. As already mentioned, so long as they have a constant supply of hay which is making up 80% of their diet they will be fine. My piggies are fed their breakfast veg at 6.30am during the week but later at weekends. They'll soon forgive you

Back